Maxine L. Vogt
June 3, 1929 – May 16, 2020
Maxine Zumkehr Vogt, 90, of Victoria, passed away on May 16, 2020. She was born in San Antonio on June 3, 1929 before moving to Victoria ata very young age. She worked in banking and retired from Wells Fargo.
Maxine was a lifelong member of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Victoria where she was a proud member of the choir for over 50 years. She also enjoyed many years of playing bridge.
She was preceded in death by her beloved husband of over 50 years, Edward A. Vogt, Jr.
Maxine is survived by her sisters, Hildegarde Slaughter of Kerrville, tx and Dorothy Ellsworth of Morgan Hill, CA; by her son, Edward A. Vogt, III of Austin, TX; her daughter, Joyce (Morgan) Ruschhaupt of Victoria, TX and her daughter, Susan(David) Hufstedler of Pflugerville, TX.
Maxine was very proud of her grandchildren and great grandchildren who gave her great joy. She is survived by her 5 grandchildren, Carl (Megan)Ruschhaupt, Dirk Ruschhaupt, Paige Ruschhaupt (Brian) Boehm, Erin Hufstedler (Jeff) Dorsey and Ross Hufstedler. Maxine is also survived by her 7 great grandchildren, Quinn Ruschhaupt, Henry Ruschhaupt, Wyatt Boehm, Luke Boehm, Reese Boehm, Tessa Dorsey andHallie Dorsey.
Graveside services will be held at a later date at Memorial Park Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church or the donor’s choice.
Words of comfort may be shared with the family at colonialfuneralhomevictoria.com.
- Edward A. Vogt, Jr., Husband (deceased)
- Hilda Miller Zumkehr, Mother (deceased)
- Max Zumkehr, Father (deceased)
- Hildegarde Slaughter, Sister
- Dorothy Ellsworth, Sister
- Edward A. Vogt, III, Son
- Joyce Ruschhaupt (David), Daughter
- Susan Hufstedler (David), Daughter
- Carl Ruschhaupt (Megan), Grandson
- Dirk Ruschhaupt, Grandson
- Paige Ruschhaupt Boehm (Brian), Granddaughter
- Erin Hufstedler Dorsey (Jeff), Granddaughter
- Ross Hufstedler, Grandson
- Quinn Ruschhaupt, Great Granddaughter
- Henry Ruschhaupt, Great Grandson
- Wyatt Boehm, Great Grandson
- Luke Boehm, Great Grandson
- Reese Boehm, Great Grandson
- Tessa Dorsey, Great Granddaughter
- Hallie Dorsey, Great Granddaughter
Learn more about the Vogt name
- Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
No public services are scheduled at this time. Receive a notification when services are updated.
Maxine L. Vogt
May 22, 2020
I am a friend of Ed's. I never knew your mother, but send my sincere condolences for your loss. Having lost both my parents and Paul, I know this is a rough time to go thru. May her memory be eternal.
May 20, 2020
My sympathy to the family of my sweet friend, Maxine.
May 20, 2020
To Maxine's family,
Hi Edward, Joyce and Susan. I am so sad to hear that your mom passed. I remember her so fondly. I remember going to your house as a kid with my mom to visit. Another memory is of Trinity Church and all the functions she was involved in. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your memories of her in your heart and she will always be with you.
Sending my love
Darla Tagliabue Fox
In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.