Paula Bernice Sparks
March 18, 1930 – October 24, 2018
Paula Sparks went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, October 24, 2018. She was a beloved wife, loving mother, grandmother, great-mother and friend.
She was born March 18, 1930 on Galveston Island and spent most of her life in Victoria where she raised her family.
Paula is survived by her sons, Michael Sparks (Julie), and John Robert Burrell (Yvonne); daughter, Barbara Ogg; grandchildren, Nikki Dawson (Mike), Michelle Stehling (Jonathon), Daniel Ogg (Joyce), Daniel Burrell; great-grandchildren, Nikolas, Erin, and Heather Dawson; Niko, Chloe, and Cole Stehling; Arriana Ogg and Elizabeth Burrell. Paula leaves behind many special nieces, nephews and friends to cherish her memory.
She was preceded in death by her parents; Robert Burns Hamilton and Lela Mae Hamilton; husband, Wallace "Sonny" Sparks; daughter, Paula Marie Lambright; sisters, Claudia, Lee and Grace, and brother, Jimmy.
Paula is resting peacefully now. She taught us to love His Word. We cling to all the wonderful memories and remember her sweet smile. She loved her family and always said that “she’s the happiest girl in the whole USA”. Paula will be greatly missed by those who knew and loved her.
A celebration of Paula’s life will be held on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 1:00 PM officiated by Rev. Roger Parish at Colonial Funeral Home with a visitation prior from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Interment will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery.
The family asks that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to Western Hills Baptist Church, 1076 Raab Rd., Victoria, TX 77904 or the Texas Historical Foundation www.texashistoricalfoundation.org.
Condolences and fond memories can be shared with the family at www.colonialfuneralhomevictoria.com
- Lela Mae Hamilton, Mother
- Robert Burns Hamilton, Father
- Wallace "Sonny" Sparks, Husband
- Paula Marie Lambright, Daughter
- Michael and wife Julie Sparks, Son
- John Robert and wife Yvonne Burrell, Son
- Barbara Ogg, Daughter
- Nikki and husband Mike Dawson, Grandchild
- Michelle and husband Jonathon Stehling, Grandchild
- Daniel and wife Joyce Ogg, Grandchild
- Daniel Burrell, Grandchild
- Nikolas Dawson, Great Grandchild
- Erin Dawson, Great Grandchild
- Heather Dawson, Great Grandchild
- Niko Stehling, Great Grandchild
- Chloe Stehling, Great Grandchild
- Cole Stehling, Great Grandchild
- Arianna Ogg, Great Grandchild
- Elizabeth Burrell, Great Grandchild
- Paula also leaves behind many special nieces, nephews and friends to cherish her memory. She was also preceded in death by her sisters, Claudia, Lee and Grace; and her brother, Jimmy.
Western Hills Baptist Church
1076 Raab Road, Victoria, Texas 77904
- Texas Historial Foundation
- Visitation Wednesday, October 31, 2018
- Chapel Service Wednesday, October 31, 2018