Clyde Joseph Chaisson, Jr.
November 4, 1932 – November 19, 2019
Clyde Joseph Chaisson, Jr., age 87, of Sulphur, Louisiana went to be with his Lord and Savior on Tuesday, November 19, 2019. Clyde was born on November 4, 1932 in Vinton, Louisiana.
Clyde was a lifelong resident of Vinton, La, St. Joseph's Catholic Church. He relocated to Lake Charles in 1996 and attended St. Margaret's Catholic Church. He was a graduate of Vinton High School in 1949 and remained good friends with his classmates Dean Canter (wife Jeannie) and Gene Bahnsen (wife Jan). He was called to serve in the United States Marine Corps and following his service attending Northwestern Louisiana University for Education. He is a Veteran of USMC serving during the Korean conflict. He will be missed by all who knew him.
He was preceded in death by his granddaughter, Amber Renee Richard and husband, Roderick, father, Clyde Joseph Chaisson, Sr., mother, Odelia Vice Ellis, and a brother, John Chesson.
Those left to cherish his memory are his loving wife, Mary Alice Touchet Chaisson of Carlyss; son, Ralph Joseph Chaisson and wife, Kay; daughters, Cynthia Ann Reedy and husband, Michael; Eva Marie Vincent and husband, Greg; Lisa Rene Chaisson; step-daughter, Lisa Renee Mitchell, step-son, Michael Sean Mitchell and wife, Angela; step-daughter, Samantha Lynn Mellard and husband, Matthew; grandchildren, Michael Reedy II, Fallon Reedy, Payton Reedy, Alexander Chaisson, Anna Leigh Chaisson, Andrew Chaisson, Avery Chaisson, Rachel Vincent, Francine Vincent, Joshua Simon, Kaitlyn Bordelon, Donovan Simon ; step-grandchildren, Hannah Marshall, Jacob Marshall, Chloe' Lucy, Emilee Verrett, Ryan Mellard, Claire Mellard, Brenden Mitchell, Andrew Mitchell, and Ethan Mitchell; great-grandchildren, Shaylen Richard, Rylee Simon, Jak, Lou Emma, and Ann Francis Bordelon, Emma Hillyer, Aubrey and McKenzie Marshall, and Greyson Lucy; sisters, Betty Hawthorne and Georgia McCauley; Godson, Roy Courville; and a host of nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be held from 5-8 p.m. on Thursday, and will resume at 8 a.m. until time of service on Friday.
Funeral services will held at 10 a.m. on Friday, November 22, 2019 at Hixson Funeral Chapel in Vinton, Louisiana. Deacon Patrick LaPoint will officiate. Burial will follow in Big Woods Cemetery.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.hixsonvinton.com for the Chaisson family.
- Mary Alice Touchet Chaisson, Loving Wife
- Ralph Joseph Chaisson and wife Kay, Son
- Cynthia Ann Reedy and husband Michael, Daughter
- Eva Marie Vincent and husband Greg, Daughter
- Lisa Rene Chaisson, Daughter
- Lisa Renee Mitchell, step-daughter
- Michael Sean Mitchell and wife Angela, step-daughter
- Samantha Lynn Mellard and husband Matthew, step-daughter
- Michael Reedy II, Grandchild
- Fallon Reedy, Grandchild
- Payton Reedy, Grandchild
- Alexander Chaisson, Grandchild
- Anna Leigh Chaisson, Grandchild
- Andrew Chaisson, Grandchild
- Avery Chaisson, Grandchild
- Joshua Simon, Grandchild
- Kaitlyn Bordelon, Grandchild
- Donovan Simon, Grandchild
- Rachael Vincent, Grandchild
- Francine Vincent, Grandchild
- Hannah Marshall, step-grandchild
- Jacob Marshall, step-grandchild
- Chloe' Lucy, step-grandchild
- Emilee Verrett, step-grandchild
- Ryan Mellard, step-grandchild
- Claire Mellard, step-grandchild
- Brenden Mitchell, step-grandchild
- Andrew Mitchell, step-grandchild
- Ethan Mitchell, step-grandchild
- Shaylen Richard, Great Grandchild
- Rylee Simon, Great Grandchild
- Jak, Lou Emma, and Ann Francis Bordelon, Great Grandchild
- Emma Hillyer, Great Grandchild
- Aubrey and McKenzie Marshall, Great Grandchild
- Greyson Lucy, Great Grandchild
- Betty Hawthorne, Sister
- Roy Courville, God-Son
- Georgia McCauley, Sister
- Amber Renee Richard and husband Roderick, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Clyde Joseph Chaisson, Sr., Father (deceased)
- Odelia Vice Ellis, Mother (deceased)
- John Chesson, Brother (deceased)
- also left to cherish his memory are a host of nieces and nephews.
- Joe Chaisson, Pallbearer
- Roy Courville, Pallbearer
- Michael Reedy, I, Pallbearer
- Greg Vincent, Pallbearer
- Michael Mitchell, Pallbearer
- Matthew Mellard, Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Visitation Friday, November 22, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, November 22, 2019