James "Jimmy" Alcee Benoit, Sr.
April 28, 1930 – September 8, 2019
James "Jimmy" Alcee Benoit, Sr., 89, of Vinton passed away in Lufkin, Texas on Sunday, September 8, 2019.
Jimmy traveled extensively as a pipefitter, but Vinton was “home” where he raised his family. Jimmy loved fishing and spent his final years at his beloved home on Toledo Bend Lake. He was an avid football and boxing fan. He will be remembered for his sharp wit, frank nature and keen sense of humor.
He is preceded in death by his son, Joseph Eraste Benoit; wife, Mary Broussard Benoit; his first wife and mother of his children, Marion Benoit; and his brother, E.J. Benoit, Jr.
Left to cherish his memory are his children, James Alcee Benoit, Jr. and wife, Peggy ,of Vinton, Randy Paul Benoit of Crowley, Beverly Moore and husband, Darrell, of Buna, TX, Christopher Benoit of Vinton; Sara Jo Green and husband, John, of Lake Charles; and William Rennie Benoit and wife, Susan of Hemphill, TX; eight grandchildren and numerous great grandchildren.
Funeral Services for Jimmy will be held at Hixson Funeral Home of Vinton. Visitation will be held between 4 - 8 p.m., on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 and resume Wednesday between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. The funeral will take place at 10 a.m. Wednesday, September 11, 2019 and Rev. Dawn Welburn will officiate. Burial will follow at Highland Memory Gardens in Lake Charles. Words of comfort and memories may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- James Alcee Benoit, Jr. and wife Peggy, Son
- Randy Paul Benoit, Son
- Beverly Moore and husband Darrell, Daughter
- Christopher Benoit, Son
- Sara Green and husband John, Daughter
- William Rennie Benoit and wife Susan, Son
- Joseph Eraste Benoit, Son (deceased)
- Mary Broussard Benoit, Wife (deceased)
- Marion Benoit, First Wife and Mother of his children (deceased)
- E.J. Benoit, Jr., Brother (deceased)
- also left to cherish his memory are eight grandchildren and numerous great grandchildren.
- Visitation Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Visitation Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Rosary Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, September 11, 2019