Mary Anne Stewart
February 27, 1941 – August 2, 2020
Mary Anne Stewart, 79, passed away on August 2, 2020, in a local hospital.
She was born to her late parents, Gerald and Lillie Rice on February 27, 1941 in Vinton. Mary Anne was a parishioner at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Vinton. She retired from the Calcasieu Parish School Board after many years of being a teacher’s aide.
She is survived by her husband of 62 years, Harvey Dale Stewart; her children, Connie Talley and husband, John, and Bobby Stewart and wife, Sherry, all of Vinton, and Ricky Stewart and wife, Vivian of Sulphur, her grandchildren, Christopher Stewart, John Paul Talley and wife, Alicia, Natalie Stewart, and Holli Stewart Huff; her great-grandchildren, Madison Stewart, Kyler Talley, Pyper Talley, and Hudson Huff; her siblings, Troy Rice and Annette Rice; and numerous nieces and nephews. She is preceded in death by her parents, Gerald and Lillie Rice; and a brother, Gerald Rice, Jr.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, August 5, in Big Woods Cemetery in Edgerly under the direction of Hixson Funeral Home of Vinton. The Rev. Carlos Garcia will officiate. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorial donations be made to St. Joseph Catholic Church in Vinton. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Harvey Dale Stewart, Husband of 62 years
- Connie Talley (John), Daughter
- Bobby Stewart (Sherry), Son
- Ricky Stewart (Vivian), Son
- Christopher Stewart, Grandson
- John Paul Talley, Grandson
- Natalie Stewart, Granddaughter
- Holli Stewart Huff, Granddaughter
- Madison Stewart, Great-grandchild
- Kyler Talley, Great-grandchild
- Pyper Talley, Great-grandchild
- Hudson Huff, Great-grandchild
- Troy Rice, Brother
- Annette Rice, Sister
- Gerald Rice, Jr., Brother (deceased)
- Gerald and Lillie Rice, Parents (deceased)
- He is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews
Learn more about the Stewart name
Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Mary Anne Stewart
August 4, 2020
I worked with Mary Anne for many years and adored her. I loved the way she called her school kids “knot heads”, because it was easy to see that she was full of love for those kids. She will be missed! Prayers for Dale and the family
Hey Alene Rowell
August 3, 2020
Mary Ann was a wonderful person and the best friend a anyone could ever have. I worked with Mary Ann for many years . It is with a heavy heart we say goodbye. Praying for the family in this time of sadness.