Rita Elaine Leger
January 6, 1929 – November 2, 2018
Rita Elaine Leger, 89, passed away Friday, November 2, 2018 peacefully in her sleep.
Elaine was a lifelong Vinton resident and a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church where she served as a member of the Catholic Daughters. She and her late husband, Rodney, owned and operated Leger's Grocery in Vinton for many years. She and Rodney loved fishing and being outdoors.
She is survived by her children, Gale Leger and wife Mary Jane Wilson Leger of Sulphur, and Jill Maricle and Larry of Vinton; two grandchildren, John Johnson, II and Janell Johnson(Jeff Brown); three great grandchildren, Devin Wayne Brown, David Wilson Leger, and Danyel Brown. Elaine was preceded in death by her husband, Silas Rodney Leger, Sr.; Son, Silas Leger, Jr.; parents, Ozite and Jacque Duplantis; silbings, Barbara Dulpantis, Broadley Duplantis and Sadie Poimbouef.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 1pm, Thursday, November 8th in St. Joseph Catholic Church of Vinton. Father Carlos Garcia will officiate. Interment will follow at Niblett's Bluff Cemetery. Visitation will be held in Hixson Funeral Home of Vinton on Wednesday, 4 - 9pm with a recitation of the Rosary at 6pm and resume at 8 am Thursday until leaving for church. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Gale Leger and wife Mary Jane, Son
- Jill Maricle and husband Larry, Daughter
- John Johnson, II, Grandson
- Janell Johnson and Jeff Brown, Granddaughter
- Devin Wayne Brown, Great Grandson
- David Wilson, Great Grandson
- Danyel Brown, Great Granddaughter
- Silas Rodney Leger, Sr., Husband
- Silas Rodney Leger, Jr., Son
- Ozite and Jacque Duplantis, Parents
- Barbara Duplantis, Sister
- Broadley Duplantis, Brother
- Sadie Poimbouef, Sister
- Visitation Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Rosary Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Mass of Christian Burial Thursday, November 8, 2018
Rita Elaine Leger
November 14, 2018
Elaine was my dearest first cousin..we were together a lot growing up. She was always calm and kind, like her Mother was. I'll miss talking to her.
November 10, 2018
Im so sorry! I wassnt feeling well i had the flu and wasnt able to make Aunt Elaine's service! She was one of the sweetest , kindest people i knew! Always had a smile! I was proud to call her my Godmother! I loved her very much and i will surely miss her beautiful smile. You are all in my thoughts and prayers! Love Y'all ❤