Shirley Deason Ballard
June 19, 1942 – June 29, 2018
Vinton- Shirley Deason Ballard, 76, died Friday, June 29, 2018, in a local hospital.
She was a native of Forest, Louisiana and had been a resident of Vinton for the last 38 years. Shirley enjoyed going to the Vinton Senior Center daily for fellowship and playing games with friends but especially enjoyed spending time with her family. She adored her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Survivors include her husband, Jimmie Ballard; her sons, Randy Deason and Barry Deason and wife, Jana, all of Vinton; step-children, Jimmie Ballard, Jr. and wife, Sarah, John Ballard and wife, Stacy, and Janice Cumbie and husband, Les; her siblings, Reba Sharplin and Vendal Fairchild, both of Forest; her grandchildren, Justin Malone, Coley Deason, Kaley Simon, Lacey Granger, and Alec Deason; and seven great-grandchildren, Talan Mouton, Adilyn Simon, Kaynon Granger, Grayson Granger, Mason Malone, Ian Malone, and Brodey Deason. She is preceded in death by her husband, James Deason; and her sister, Ruby Dale Harris.
Her funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 3, in Hixson Funeral Home of Vinton. The Rev. Gerard Little will officiate. Burial will be in Big Woods Cemetery. Visitation is from 5-8 p.m. Monday and from noon until the time of service Tuesday in the funeral home. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Jimmie Ballard, Husband
- Randy Deason, Son
- Barry Deason and wife Jana, Son
- Jimmie Ballard, Jr. and wife Sarah, step-son
- John Ballard and wife Stacy, step-son
- Janice Cumbie and husband Les, step-daughter
- Reba Sharplin, sibling
- Vendal Fairchild, sibling
- Justin Malone, Grandson
- Coley Deason, Grandson
- Kaley Simon, Granddaughter
- Lacey Granger, Granddaughter
- Alec Deason, Grandson
- Talan Mouton, Great-grandchild
- Adilyn Simon, Great-grandchild
- Kanyon Granger, Great-grandchild
- Grayson Granger, Great-grandchild
- Mason Malone, Great-grandchild
- Ian Malone, Great-grandchild
- Brodey Deason, Great-grandchild
- James Deason, Husband
- Ruby Dale Harris, Sister
- Justin Malone
- Coley Deason
- Alec Deason
- Jeremy Simon
- Jacob Granger
- Talon Mouton
- Visitation Monday, July 2, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Shirley Deason Ballard
July 1, 2018
To Shirley’s family: I went to school with Shirley and have known her parents and siblings all my life. We all loved Shirley. Please accept my sincere condolences. Shirley always had a beautiful personality and I’m sure you have wonderful memories to sustain you. May God be with you at this time.
Maxine Savell Auger Wise