September 13, 1939 – August 25, 2018
Tony Johnson, 78, died Saturday, August 25, 2018, at his residence.
He was a native and lifelong resident of Starks. Tony was a U.S. Army veteran and retired from the Boilermakers Union #587 after over 31 years of service. After his retirement, he enjoyed sitting in his garage with his dogs, watching the traffic pass and drinking coffee.
Survivors include his wife, Joyce Johnson of Starks; his children, Anthony Johnson of Medical Lake, Washington, Tony Humberson Johnson of Starks, Shandalyn McBryar of Pisgah, Alabama, and Darcy Johnson of Austin, Texas; his step-children, Toni Lynn Gibson of Austin, Texas, Angela Padia of Beaumont, Texas, Billy Glenn Myers of Eunice, and Sharon Bourgeois of Beaumont, Texas; his siblings, Clara Jo Vogel of El Paso, Texas, Hester Adele Francis of Groves, Texas, Webb Johnson of Sulphur, Patricia White of Crystal Springs, Mississippi, Karen Lynn Lynn of Port Neches, Texas, Debra Jan Eygabroad of Starks, and Codia Marie Goebel of Port Neches, Texas; ten grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren. He is preceded in death by his parents, Claude and Ella Johnson; and a brother, Gary Johnson.
His funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, August 28, in Hixson Funeral Home of Vinton. The Rev. Elton Barks will officiate. Visitation is from 5-9 p.m. Monday and from 9 a.m. until the time of service Tuesday in the funeral home. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Joyce Johnson, Wife
- Anthony Johnson, Son
- Tony Humberson Johnson, Son
- Shandalyn McBryar, Daughter
- Darcy Johnson, Daughter
- Toni Lynn Gibson, Step-daughter
- Angela Padia, Step-daughter
- Billy Glenn Myers, Step-son
- Sharon Bourgeois, Step-daughter
- Clara Jo Vogel, Sister
- Hester Adele Francis, Sister
- Webb Johnson, Brother
- Patricia White, Sister
- Karen Lynn Lynn, Sister
- Debra Jan Eygabroad, Sister
- Codia Maria Goebel, Sister
- Claude and Ella Johnson, Parents
- Gary Johnson, Brother
- also left to cherish his memory are ten grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
- Visitation Monday, August 27, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, August 28, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES