Elizabeth Shaw Hathaway
December 7, 1925 – March 8, 2018
Elizabeth S. Hathaway, 92, died on March 8, 2018. She was born on December 7, 1925 to the late John P. and Treeby M. Shaw in Portsmouth, Virginia. She is predeceased by her husband of 54 years, Thomas C. Hathaway, Jr., and son-in-law, Pat Schrock. Elizabeth was a homemaker and later earned her degree as a Registered Nurse and worked for Portsmouth General Hospital. She is survived by her sister-in-law, Judith Hathaway; children, Thomas C. Hathaway III and wife Myrna; Michie Hathaway Schrock, and Meg Hathaway Retinger and husband John; six grandchildren Thomas C. Hathaway IV, Marjorie Meixner, Laura Hathaway, Michie C. Schrock, J Retinger III, and Libby Phillips; and twelve great-grandchildren. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters at www.chkd.org. For service details and to offer your condolences please visit www.smithandwilliamskempsville.com.
- Thomas C. Hathaway, Jr., predeceased and married 54 years, Husband
- Judith Hathaway, Sister-in-law
- Thomas C. Hathaway, III., and his wife Myrna, Son
- Michie Hathaway Schrock, Daughter
- Margaret "Meg" Hathaway Retinger, and her husband John, Daughter
- Thomas C. Hathaway, IV., Grandson
- Marjorie Meixner, Granddaughter
- Laura Hathaway, Granddaughter
- Michie C. Schrock, Granddaughter
- J Retinger, III., Grandson
- Libby Phillips, Granddaughter
- John P. Shaw, predeceased, Father
- Trebby Michie Shaw, predeceased, Mother
- Patrick D. Schrock, predeceased, Son-in-law
- Elizabeth is also survived by twelve great-grandchildren.
- Visitation Monday, April 2, 2018
- Celebration of Life Monday, April 2, 2018
- Graveside Service Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Elizabeth Shaw Hathaway
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
March 13, 2018
I first met Elizabeth "Lib" years ago when the Hathaway family relocated here following Tom's Army retirement.
I taught Tom, III and Midge at Deep Creek High School. I would see Tom and Elizabeth at all the VMI activities here locally.
Elizabeth was a wonderful wife and mother to her family. May she rest in peace.
Bill Knowles VMI '60
March 11, 2018
My sympathy to the Hathaway family, formerly of Cradock.
May she be remembered for her kindness and may she rest in peace.