Julia Lira Villanueva
June 3, 1937 – February 6, 2021
Julia L. Villanueva was born on June 3, 1937 in Visalia, California to Jesus and Florencia Lira. She is the second to the youngest of eight siblings. On February 6, 2021 she ultimately lost her battle with Alzheimer's and went to be with our Lord Jesus Christ and her only child, Caroline, who passed away six months ago. Julia was an incredible woman who would give the shirt off her back to anyone who would need it. Every week she loved to get her hair done. Julia loved going to the gym, camping, and her favorite, going to Bodega Bay. She absolutely loved her five grandchildren and three great grandchildren, as they did her. Now that she and her daughter are reunited in Heaven, they are both watching over the family together. She was preceded in death by her daughter, Caroline Villanueva Garcia; her parents, Jesus and Florencia Lira and six siblings. Julia leaves behind her five grandchildren, Lucia (Todd) Morris, Antonio (Elise) Flores, Nick (Lauren) Flores, Julianna Garcia, and Adrianna Garcia; three great grandchildren, Antonio Martinez, Emma Flores and Madeline Flores, and her last surviving sibling, Ray (Gregory) Lira. Celebration of Life Services will be held on Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 6 p.m. at Miller Memorial Chapel, 1120 W. Goshen Avenue in Visalia. Social distancing and a mask will be required to attend.
- Lucia Morris (Todd), Granddaughter
- Antonio Flores (Elise), Grandson
- Nick Flores (Lauren), Grandson
- Julianna Garcia, Granddaughter
- Adrianna Garcia, Granddaughter
- Julia also leaves three great grandchildren, Antonio Martinez, Emma Flores and Madeline Flores, and her last surviving sibling, Ray (Gregory) Lira.
- Todd Morris, Honorary Pallbearer
- Antonio Flores, Honorary Pallbearer
- Nick Flores, Honorary Bearer
- Antonio Martinez, Honorary Bearer
Thursday, February 25, 2021
Julia Lira Villanueva
February 19, 2021
I will truly miss you, my dear friend.
February 16, 2021
My Nana was the most loving woman. She was definitely my 2nd mom. Now she is with my mom dancing away in heaven together. I miss them and love them both dearly.