Margaret L. Santopietro
April 26, 1921 – September 21, 2019
Santopietro, Margaret (Scola), age 98, died suddenly on September 21, 2019. She was the beloved wife of the late Sonny Santopietro.
Born in Providence, the youngest of eight children, to the late Bernardo and Luisa (Calise) Scola she was a longtime resident of Warren before moving to Bristol.
Margaret was the successful owner of Margaret’s Catering for over 40 years before retiring in 1986. A communicant of St. Mary of the Bay Parish, she was also a member of the Women’s Youth League of Rhode Island and of the Federal Hill House Craft Division.
She is survived by her three daughters, Maria Moskos and her husband Peter of Warren, Joanne Hirsch and her husband Claude of Bristol and Laurie Bucci and her partner Paul Zimmerman of Warren; five grandchildren, Kristina Garbert, James Moskos, Jason Hirsch, AJ Bucci and David Bucci; three great grandchildren, Makenzie and Chase Garbert and Willa Hirsch and several nieces and nephews. She was the sister of the late Reverend Francis Hugh Scola, O.P., C. Joseph Scola, Vincenzo Scola, Vito Scola, Anthony Scola, Emmanuella Sorrentino and Mary Piacitelli.
Her Visitation will be held on Monday, September 30, 2019 from 9:00 – 9:45 AM in the Wilbur-Romano Funeral Home, 615 Main St., Warren followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 AM in St. Mary of the Bay Parish, 645 Main St., Warren. Entombment will be in the Swan Point Mausoleum. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
- The late Salvatore "Sonny" Santopietro, Husband
- The late Luisa (Calise) Scola, Mother
- The late Bernardo Scola, Father
- Maria Moskos and her husband Peter, Daughter
- Joanne Hirsch and her husband Claude, Daughter
- Laurie Bucci and her partner Paul Zimmerman, Daughter
- The late Emmanuella Sorrentino, Sister
- The late Mary Piacitelli, Sister
- The late Reverend Francis Hugh Scola, O.P., Brother
- The late C. Joseph Scola, Brother
- The late Vincenzo Scola, Brother
- The late Vito Scola, Brother
- The late Anthony Scola, Brother
- Kristina Garbert, Granddaughter
- James Moskos, Grandson
- Jason Hirsch, Grandson
- AJ Bucci, Grandson
- David Bucci, Grandson
- Makenzie Garbert, Great Granddaughter
- Chase Garbert, Great Grandson
- Willa Hirsch, Great Granddaughter
- Mrs. Santopietro also leaves several nieces and nephews.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105
- Visitation Monday, September 30, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Monday, September 30, 2019
- Entombment Monday, September 30, 2019
Margaret L. Santopietro
September 24, 2019
Dear Family of Margaret, So sorry for your loss. She was a sweet person Andi got to know her a little bit when she was on north wing here at Silver Creek. Take care and again my condolences to the whole family.
Charlotte Whiteside,Silver Creek, North Wing 15B