Jerry Lee Moran, Sr.
August 3, 1942 – September 20, 2022
Jerry Lee Moran, Sr., 80, of Waynesboro, passed away on Tuesday September 20, 2022 in Fishersville. Mr. Moran was born on August 3, 1942 in Waynesboro, and was a son of the late Edward Hankins Moran Sr., and Ocie Bernice (Burnette) Moran. He owned and operated Jerry L. Moran Excavating for more than 50 years. Jerry was a long time member of the Shenandoah Heights Baptist Church in Waynesboro. He also enjoyed stock car racing, and antique cars. Jerry is survived by his wife of 61 years, Mary (Miller) Moran. In addition to his wife, Mr. Moran is survived by a son, Jerry Lee Moran, Jr., and wife Elisa of Waynesboro; and two grandchildren, Heather Nicole Moran and Dakota Lee Moran and wife Katelyn. Jerry is also survived by a special niece, Ashley Hester; and his beloved furry friend, Bambi. He was preceded in death by a brother, Edward Hankins Moran Jr. The funeral service will be held on Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 1 PM at the Waynesboro Chapel of Reynolds Hamrick Funeral Homes with Pastor Paul LaPrevotte officiating. Entombment will follow at Augusta Memorial Park. Active Pall Bearers for the service will be Tommy Shields, Jr., Buzzy Walters, Dakota Moran, Ernest Rae, Keith Burnette, and Pete Burnette. The family will receive friends on Monday evening, September 26, from 5 until 7 PM at the funeral home. Friends may also visit the home of his son Jerry Moran Jr., at 224 Gravel Ridge Road, Waynesboro. The family would like to share a deep and heartfelt THANK YOU to Cheryl Brock, owner of Family Home Life, for the special care of our father and husband over the past seven months. You are truly a blessing. In lieu of flowers, the family requests all memorial contributions be made to the Shenandoah Valley Animal Services Center, 1001 Mt. Torrey Road, Lyndhurst, VA 22952, or to Family Home Life, 381 Long Meadow Road, Fishersville, VA 22939. Those wishing may share a memory or an online condolence by visiting www.reynoldshamrickfuneralhomes.com Arrangements entrusted to the Waynesboro Chapel of Reynolds Hamrick Funeral Homes.See more See Less
Show your support
- Mary Elizabeth (Miller) Moran Spouse
- Jerry Lee Moran, Jr. and wife Elisa Son
- Heather Nicole Moran Grandchild
- Dakota Lee Moran and wife Katelyn Grandchild
- Edward Hankins Moran, Sr. Father (deceased)
- Ocie Bernice (Burnette) Moran Mother (deceased)
- Edward Hankins Moran, Jr. Brother (deceased)
- Tommy Shields, Jr. Active Pallbearer
- Buzzy Walters Active Pallbearer
- Dakota Moran Active Pallbearer
- Ernest Rae Active Pallbearer
- Keith Burnette Active Pallbearer
- Pete Burnette Active Pallbearer
- Shenandoah Valley Animal Services Center 1001 Mt. Torrey Road, Lyndhurst, Virginia 22952
- Family Home Life 381 Long Meadow Road, Fishersville, Virginia 22939
Monday, September 26, 2022
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
In Memory Of
Jerry Lee Moran, Sr.
Help tell the story of your loved one’s unique life. Leave a memory or share a photo or video below to show your support.