Charles W. Tennant
February 28, 1932 – May 4, 2018
Charles W. “Sonny” Tennant age 86 of Waynesburg passed away Friday, May 4, 2018, in Rolling Meadows Nursing Home in Waynesburg.
He was born February 28, 1932 in Franklin Township, a son of the late Alva and Fannie Baltzel Tennant. On October 4, 1952 he married. “Patricia L. Cook Tennant who passed away November 7, 2016.
Mr. Tennant was a retired hoist operator and carpenter for R.G. Johnson Construction Co. He was a devoted family man who always provided for his family. He enjoyed gardening as long as his health permitted. His flower gardens added beauty to his home and the fruits of his garden were enjoyed by many. Sonny was also an accomplished woodworker. Hunting and fishing were also favorite pastimes.
Surviving are four children, Debra Martin (Nelson) of South Carolina; Denise Hilverding of Waynesburg, David William Tennant of Lamont, FL, and DeNell Katchmark of Waynesburg; 7 grandchildren, Christopher Martin (Donna) of Fountain Inn, SC, William Hilverding (Marsha) of Spraggs, Curt Martin of Fountain Inn, SC, Eric Scritchfield (Carla) of Waynesburg, Charles Daniel Tennant (Jessica) of Strabane, Navosha Johnson(Gary) of Carmichaels, and Gregory Katchmark of Waynesburg; 10 great-grandchildren, Dylan, Logan, and Zoey Scritchfield, Landon and Lealynn Johnson, Lexus and Dakota Martin, Jonathan Tennant, Anna Hilverding, and Willow Dawn Scritchfield; and several nieces and nephews.
He was the last of his immediate family. Deceased are a daughter, Delilah Scritchfield, 10 sisters Margaret Shultz, Mary Dulaney, Mardell Tennant, Minetta Rasel, Mildred Thomas, Evelyn Speelman, Mabel Wood, and Martha Tennant, Merle Shriver and Melva Yost ; and 4 brothers, Robert , John E., James, and Glenn Tennant.
- Patricia Cook Tennant, Wife
- Alva Tennant, Father
- Fannie Baltzel Tennant, Mother
- Debra Martin (Nelson), Daughter
- Denise Hilverding, Daughter
- David William Tennant, Son
- DeNell Katchmark, Daughter
- Christopher Martin (Donna), Grandson
- William Hilverding (Marsha), Grandson
- Curt Martin, Grandson
- Eric Scritchfiled (Carla), Grandson
- Charles Daniel Tennant (Jessica), Grandson
- Navosha Johnson (Gary), Granddaughter
- Gregory Katchmark, Grandson
- Dylan Scritchfield, Great Grandchild
- Logan Scritchfield, Great Grandchild
- Zoey Scritchfield, Great Grandchild
- Landon Johnson, Great Grandchild
- Lealynn Johnson, Great Grandchild
- Lexus Martin, Great Grandchild
- Dakota Martin, Great Grandchild
- Jonathat Tennant, Great Grandchild
- Anna Hilverding, Great Grandchild
- Willow Dawn Scritchfield, Great Grandchild
- Delilah Scritchfield, Daughter
- Margaret Shultz, Sister
- Mary Dulaney, Sister
- Mardell Tennant, Sister
- Minetta Rasel, Sister
- Mildred Thomas, Sister
- Evelyn Speelman, Sister
- Mabel Wood, Sister
- Martha Tennant, Sister
- Merle Shriver, Sister
- Melva Yost, Sister
- Robert Tennant, Brother
- John E. Tennant, Brother
- James Tennant, Brother
- Glenn Tennant, Brother
- Visitation Sunday, May 6, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, May 7, 2018
Charles W. Tennant
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
Becky Patterson Collins
May 6, 2018
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers during this heart breaking time.
May 6, 2018
May you all have peace and comfort at this time. You have my deepest sympathy and condolences.