Ellen M. (Ketchem) Doney
June 1, 1941 – April 13, 2018
Ellen M. Ketchem Doney age 76 of Waynesburg, passed away on Friday, April 13, 2018 in Mentor, Ohio.
She was born June 1, 1941 in Waynesburg, a daughter of the late John William Ketchem and Clemma Marguerite Clark Ketchem.
On January 28, 1961 she married Phillip L. Doney, who passed away on October 8, 2007.
Mrs. Doney was a retired teacher for the Central Greene School District. She taught in the Whiteley Elementary School and later taught 7th & 8th grade Social Studies and English in the Margaret Bell Miller Middle School. She was a devoted teacher who loved all of her students.
She was a member of the First United Methodist Church of Waynesburg where she taught Sunday school, and served on the board of trustees.
In her youth Ellen enjoyed singing and dancing. She kept in touch with her high school classmates and helped organize class reunions, and was active in the Social Service League. She enjoyed traveling with her husband and loved spending time with her grandchildren.
Surviving are three daughters, Rhonda Shriver (Edwin) of Mentor, OH, Marla L. Patton (Gerald) of Waynesburg, and DeVonne McCall (James) of Waynesburg; 11 grandchildren, BreAnne Michelle Baldarelli (Levio III), Adrienne Leigh Shriver (fiancée Jeffrey Relic), Ashley Marguerite Shriver, Phillip “Zack” Patton (Kayla), Nathan Patton (Elizabeth), Nicholas Patton, Chase Patton, Erin Grace McCall, Devin Robert McCall, Kristin Marie McCall, and Lance Huffman (Teah); 7 great-grandchildren, Luke Allen Patton, Zoe Grace Patton, Addalyn Noel Patton, Grant Zachary Patton, Ella May Patton, Cole Huffman, and Karlynn Huffman; one sister, Cressida Katruska of Clearwater, FL; and two brothers, John Ketchem (Penny) and Dick Ketchem , both of Waynesburg.
- Phillip L. Doney, Husband
- John William Ketchem, Father
- Clemma Marguerite Clark Ketchem, Mother
- Marla L. Patton (Gerald), Daughter
- Rhonda Shriver (Edwin), Daughter
- DeVonne McCall (James), Daughter
- BreAnne Michelle Baldarelli (Levio III), Granddaughter
- Adrienne Leigh Shriver (fiancee Jeffrey Relic), Granddaughter
- Ashley Marguerite Shriver, Granddaughter
- Phillip "Zack" Patton (Kayla), Grandson
- Nathan Patton (Elizabeth), Grandson
- Nicholas Patton, Grandson
- Chase Patton, Grandson
- Erin Grace McCall, Granddaughter
- Devin Robert McCall, Grandson
- Kristin Marie McCall, Granddaughter
- Lance Huffman (Teah), Grandson
- Luke Allen Patton, Great Grandson
- Zoe Grace Patton, Great Granddaughter
- Addalyn Noel Patton, Great Granddaughter
- Ella May Patton, Great Granddaughter
- Cole Huffman, Great Grandson
- Karlynn Huffman, Great Granddaughter
- John Ketchem (Penny), Brother
- Cressida Katruska, Sister
- Dick Ketchem, Brother
- Any hospice organization.
- Visitation Friday, April 20, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, April 21, 2018
Ellen M. (Ketchem) Doney
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Jo Di Domenico
December 12, 2018
Ellen and I went to Western Pennsylvania All High School Band together. This put us together for a few days which gave me time to know what a great person she was. She is one that I remembered after all these years. I am sorry she passed but am blessed to have known her. Jo Ann (Taylor) Di Domenico.
April 24, 2018
I met Ellen when Sandy Jesso and I transferred to the new Middle School many years ago. Ellen always had a funny story to tell and a laugh was always guaranteed. She was devoted to her students and went above and beyond for them. She always called a spade a spade. Ellen submitted my name to be a member of the Social Service League without my knowing and I was so touched that she did. After she retired if Ellen saw you anywhere she always wanted to know how you were doing and chit chatted for a while. She did not forget a friend. We are saddened by her passing. God has someone to keep him on His toes! With Sympathy, Bill and Debbie Iams
April 18, 2018
Mrs. Doney was so kind to me and always had a smile on her face when I first started teaching at MBM. I could always go to her for a laugh and to help brighten my day. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
April 17, 2018
Ellen and I graduated from WHS Class of '59. She had a bubbly personality and was so vivacious...being a majorette she strutted her stuff. Ellen loved class reunions and we would sit together as Phil and Dick were friends... good memories. She was a great teacher and kids loved her; especially the cheerleaders - she was their sponsor. Ellen and Phil were proud of their family and she always talked lovingly about her sister and brothers. You have my sincere sympathy and I know she will be missed by all her family and friends; especially her wonderful neighbor Marilyn Kerr.