James E. Hickman
December 25, 1930 – May 24, 2018
James E. Hickman age 87, of Waynesburg, passed away Thursday, May 24, 2018, in Waynesburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation.
He was born December 25, 1930 in Tyler County, West Virginia, a son of the late Harley and Mildred M. Wright Hickman.
He was married to Hazel M. Daugherty Hickman who passed away in 1989.
Mr. Hickman was a retired coal miner for Cumberland Mine. He was a member of the United Mine Workers of America.
He resided most of his life in Waynesburg. James enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren. Surviving are a step-son, Phillip Amos and wife Helen Elizabeth Amos of Jackson, NJ; a step-daughter, Barbara Carney of Waynesburg; grandchildren, Beth Carney (Bryon Shriver), Michelle Carney (Robert Haywood), Cheryl DeAngelo (Gene DeAngelo), Kevin Amos (Julia Amos); great-grandchildren, Michael Poland, Chelsey Shultz (Zack), Ashley McCallum (Jacob), Brenna Poland, Carley Haywood, Gennarno DeAngelo (Gabbi), Nico DeAngelo, Kevin J. Amos, Dylan Amos, Bradon Amos, Grace Mazur, and Carolyn Amos; great-great-grandson, Jaime DeAngelo; three sisters, Beverly Cross, Dorothy Kelly, and Carolyn Ross, two brothers, Leroy “Buck” Hickman, and David Hickman.
Deceased are one sister, Helen Cox; and two brothers, Joseph Hickman and William Hickman.
- Hazel M. Daugherty HIckman, Wife
- Harley Hickman, Father
- Mildred M. Wright Hickman, Mother
- Phillip Amos (Helen Elizabeth), Step-son
- Barbara Carney, Step-daughter)
- Beth Carney (Bryon Shriver), Granddaughter
- Michelle Carney (Robert Haywood), Granddaughter
- Cheryl DeAngelo (Gene DeAngelo), Granddaughter
- Kevin Amos (Julia Amos), Grandson
- Michael Poland, Great Grandson
- Chelsey Shultz (Zack), Granddaughter
- Ashley McCallum (Jacob), Granddaughter
- Brenna Poland, Granddaughter
- Carley Haywood, Granddaughter
- Gennarno DeAngelo (Gabbi), Grandson
- Nico DeAngelo, Grandson
- Kevin J. Amos, Grandson
- Dylan Amos, Grandson
- Bradon Amos, Grandson
- Grace Mazur, Granddaughter
- Carolyn Amos, Granddaughter
- Jaime DeAngelo, Great-great-grandson
- Beverly Cross, Sister
- Dorothy Kelly, Sister
- Carolyn Ross, Sister
- Leroy "Buck" Hickman, Brother
- David Hickman, Brother
- Helen Cox, Sister
- Joseph Hickman, Brother
- William Hickman, Brother
- Also surviving are several nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Sunday, May 27, 2018
- Funeral Service Sunday, May 27, 2018
James E. Hickman
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY