Kelso "Ronnie" Maley Jr.
January 20, 1931 – November 10, 2019
Kelso “Ronnie” Maley Jr. age 88 of Waynesburg, passed away peacefully at 12:05 a.m., Sunday, November 10, 2019, in Waynesburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation with his family by his side. Prior to that, he was a patient at Shadyside Hospital in Pittsburgh.
He was born January 20, 1931 in Grafton, WV, to the late Kelso and Orpha McCullough Maley. Their family moved to Waynesburg in 1945.
On January 27, 1951, he was married to Eva Mae Shoup, who survives. From this union are four children, Frank (Wanda) Maley of Salem, Ohio, Michael Maley, who passed away on April 27, 2015, Sharon (the late Randy) Nichols of Jefferson, and Scott (Janice) Maley of Robbins, NC; six grandchildren, Nate ( Penny) Maley, Tammy (Jason) Scherner, Aaron Nichols, Cheryl (Aaron) Garnek, Alex (Talia) Maley, and Nick Maley; and four great-grandchildren, Tiffany, Zach, Makenna, and Emily. He has six surviving brothers, Tom, John, Jerry, Larry, Joe, and Keith; four deceased sisters, Lucille Funk, Maxine Fury, Madelene Hook, and Lulu Belle Woods; and many nieces and nephews.
He was employed by Carnegie Gas Company and Burns Tire service. In his later years, he worked as a self-employed carpenter.
Ronnie was a member of Allegheny Wesleyan Methodist Church in Waynesburg, where he served as a Sunday school teacher for many years. His faith and his church were very important to him. He enjoyed hunting, tinkering in his garage, mowing grass, playing scrabble, and solving crossword puzzles. He dearly loved being with his family and will be sadly missed by them all.
- Kelso Maley, Father (deceased)
- Orpha McCullough Maley, Mother (deceased)
- Eva Mae Shoup Maley, Wife
- Frank (Wanda) Maley, Son
- Michael Maley, Son (deceased)
- Sharon (the late Randy) Nichols, Daughter
- Scott (Janice) Maley, Son
- Nate (Penny) Maley, Grandson
- Tammy (Jason) Scherner, Granddaughter
- Aaron Nichols, Grandson
- Cheryl (Aaron) Garnek, Granddaughter
- Alex (Talia) Maley, Grandson
- Nick Maley, Grandson
- Tom Maley, Brother
- John Maley, Brother
- Jerry Maley, Brother
- Larry Maley, Brother
- Joe Maley, Brother
- Keith Maley, Brother
- Lucille Funk, Sister (deceased)
- Maxine Fury, Sister (deceased)
- Madelene Hook, Sister (deceased)
- Lulu Belle Woods, Sister (deceased)
- Also surviving are four great-grandchildren,Tiffany, Zach, Makenna, and Emily; and many nieces and nephews.
- Dan Headlee
- Rick Headlee
- Chuck Beyer
- Kevin Beyer
- Jason Beyer
- Nate Maley
- Alex Maley
- Aaron Nichols
- Zach Maley
- Jason Scherner
- Visitation Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Visitation Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, November 14, 2019