Amelia G. Martinez
December 21, 1934 – February 16, 2021
Amelia Garcia Martinez, 86, went to be with our Lord on February 16, 2021 in Houston, Texas.
She is survived by her loving husband of 66 years Gilberto Martinez and daughters Sylvia Martinez(Hugo) of Weslaco, Melba Garcia(Albert) and Diana Cuellar(Arturo) from Houston, Texas; grandson Christopher Cuellar, grandson Gilbert Cuellar (Sylvia), grandson Omar Cuellar (Dafna), granddaughter Sylena Martinez, grandson Nicolas Romo, granddaughter Erika Romo Cuellar (Erik), granddaughter Natalie Garcia Martinez (Julian), great grandchild Ryan, great grandchild Matthew, great grandchild Mila, great grandchild Gavin, great grandchild Cyrus, great grandchild Baby Lilah, great grandchild Moriah, great grandchild Zachary, great grandchild Gilbert, great grandchild Isaiah, great grandchild Serena, great grandchild Anthony, great grandchild Azalia, great grandchild Gio, great grandchild Jocelyn, great grandchild Michael, great grandchild Madison and great grandchild Jaylnn.
Amelia was preceded in death by father Mateo Garcia and mother Aurelia Garcia; sister Andrea Anaya; sister Guadalupe Rodriguez and brother Simon Garcia; grandson Erik Romo, and great grandchild Angelina.
Mom was a devoted, loyal wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother and aunt to many nephews and nieces.
Mom dedicated her life to be the best homemaker and seamstress.
Mom loved to sew and created many of our cute dresses as we were growing up, plus numerous party dresses for others.
Mom was a humble person of Catholic faith and lived life serving her family and church, always praying and made sure her daughters completed their religious sacraments.
Mom was a great listener, very wise with positive words of advice and strong support.
Mom was a kind and gentle person who gave 100% true love and gracious smiles to everyone.
Our mother was the glue that held our family together and we will miss her forever and ever.
A Visitation for Amelia will be held Friday, February 26, 2021 from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM at Funeraria del Angel-Highland Funeral Home, 6705 N FM 88, Weslaco, TX 78599 with a Rosary at 7:00 PM. A Chapel Service will take place on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 12:00 PM at Funeraria del Anel-Highland Funeral Home, followed by a Graveside Service at Highland Memorial Park, 6705 N FM 88, Weslaco, TX 78599.
Serving as Pallbearers are Christopher Cuellar, Gilbert Cuellar, Omar Cuellar, Hugo Martinez, Albert Garcia, Arturo Cuellar, Ryan Cuellar (Honorary) and Julian Martinez (Honorary).
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.funerariadelangelhighland.com for the Martinez family.
- Gilberto Martinez, Husband
- Sylvia Martinez (Hugo), Daughter
- Melba Garcia (Albert), Daughter
- Diana Cuellar (Arturo), Daughter
- Mateo Garcia, Father (deceased)
- Aurelia Garcia, Mother (deceased)
- Andrea Anaya, Sister (deceased)
- Guadalupe Rodriguez, Sister (deceased)
- Simon Garcia, Brother (deceased)
- Christopher Cuellar, Grandson
- Gilbert Cuellar (Sylvia), Grandson
- Omar Cuellar (Dafna), Grandson
- Sylena Martinez, Granddaughter
- Nicolas Romo, Grandson
- Erika Romo Cuellar (Erik), Granddaughter
- Natalie Garcia Martinez (Julian), Granddaughter
- Erik Romo, Grandson (deceased)
- Ryan, Great Grandchild
- Matthew, Great Grandchild
- Mila, Great Grandchild
- Gavin, Great Grandchild
- Cyrus, Great Grandchild
- Baby Lilah, Great Grandchild
- Moriah, Great Grandchild
- Zachary, Great Grandchild
- Gilbert, Great Grandchild
- Isaiah, Great Grandchild
- Serena, Great Grandchild
- Anthony, Great Grandchild
- Azalia, Great Grandchild
- Gio, Great Grandchild
- Jocelyn, Great Grandchild
- Michael, Great Grandchild
- Madison, Great Grandchild
- Jaylnn, Great Grandchild
- Angelina, Great Grandchild (deceased)
- Christopher Cuellar, Active Pallbearer
- Gilbert Cuellar, Active Pallbearer
- Omar Cuellar, Active Pallbearer
- Hugo Martinez, Active Pallbearer
- Albert Garcia, Active Pallbearer
- Arturo Cuellar, Active Pallbearer
- Ryan Cuellar, Honorary Pallbearer
- Julian Martinez, Honorary Pallbearer
Funeraria del Anel-Highland Funeral Home
Highland Memorial Park
Friday, February 26, 2021
Friday, February 26, 2021
Amelia G. Martinez
February 25, 2021
Mom, I can almost imagine the grand reception and celebration as you entered the gates of Heaven! It comforts me knowing you're Home and rejoicing in the arms of your family. I will always carry your love in my heart Mom as I continue my journey through Life and know that one day, I will see you and hug you again. Love you forever 💔❤😘 🙏from your #1 [Sylvia]
February 24, 2021
Mom I know how much you were suffering and how you kept saying you wanted to go home. It was hard for me to let you go but god wanted you there with him.
You well be missed terribly but I'm happy now that you are not in pain. We well take care of dad so don't worry.
I love you so much.
Your #3 baby