September 11, 1924 – December 8, 2019
Lillian Roy, 95 of Hot Springs AR, formally of Westlake went to be with her Lord & Savior on December 8, 2019.
Lillian was born on September 11, 1924 to Theodore and Octavia Bertrand in Iota, LA.
She married James Thompson and together they welcomed three children; John, Evelyn and Carol. She was a member of St. John Bosco Catholic Church.
She was passionate about life, bringing joy and laughter everywhere she went. Her favorite past times included: cards, playing bingo, and gambling but she was never to busy to cut a run to her favorite Cajun Zydeco music. Above all though she loved her family, her favorite being any family gathering, especially birthday parties with games.
Evelyn and Carol both share many fond memories of their mother. Evelyn specifically remembers her fear of water and a specific outing. On this outing, they were aboard her 16 foot catamaran, one that Lillian refused to board. However she agreed to ride on the tube behind the boat. So the family strapped her into a life vest, placed her on the tube and spend the day pulling her all over the lake, laughing and screaming the whole time.
Carol remembers her 15th birthday. In Cajun French history this was " The Big Birthday ". Lillian baked her two cakes filling them with pudding and she and her party goers ate both cakes down to the lasts crumb.
Carol and her husband Ronnie remember the many trips they would make to Walmart and oh how she loved them. Lillian always asking Ronnie "What's your name?" and upon returning to the nursing home she would exclaim " That was such fun Rodriquez!"
She was preceded in death by her parents, two husbands; James Thompson and John Roy, one son; John Thompson, three grandchildren. Dinah Borque Johnson, Michael Fontenot and James Keys, two sisters; Theresa Bergeaux and Edith Klump, and two brothers; Levi and Frank Bertrand and a faithful companion; a poodle named Casey.
Those left to cherish her memory are her two daughters; Evelyn (Webb) Hampton and Carol Ann (Ronnie) Conner a daughter-in-law; Joan, three grandchildren; Jody Thompson, Johnathan Shuler, Hayley, three great grandchildren; Morgan, McKenzie, Colby Shuler, two great great grandchildren; McKayla Shuler and Landon Shuler.
The family will welcome friends on Friday, December 13, 2019 at Hixson of Westlake beginning at 10am until the time of service. Funeral services will begin at 11am, led by Deacon Red Reed. She will be laid to rest next to her husband John Roy at Consolata Cemetery.
We invite you to share a fond memory or words of comfort with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com
- Evelyn Hampton (Webb), Daughter
- Carol Ann Conner (Ronnie), Daughter
- Joan, Daughter-in-law
- Jody Thompson, Grandson
- Johnathan Shuler (Kayoka), Grandson
- Hayley, Granddaughter
- Morgan, Great Granddaughter
- McKenzie, Great Granddaughter
- Colby Shuler (Samantha), Great Grandson
- McKayla Shuler, Great Great Granddaughter
- Landon Shuler, Great Great Grandson
- Theodore Bertrand (Octavia Bertrand), Parents (deceased)
- James Thompson, Husband of 25 years (deceased)
- John Roy, Husband of 30 years (deceased)
- Edith Klump, Sister (deceased)
- John Thompson, Son (deceased)
- Levi Bertrand, Brother (deceased)
- Frank Bertrand, Brother (deceased)
- Theresa Bergeaux, Sister (deceased)
- Dinah Borque Johnson (Blaine), Granddaughter (deceased)
- Michael Fontenot, Grandson (deceased)
- James Keys, Grandson (deceased)
- Visitation Friday, December 13, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, December 13, 2019