Mary (Garvey) Kane
March 21, 1939 – September 5, 2019
Mary (Garvey) Kane, 80, of Wethersfield, passed away peacefully at home on September 5, 2019.
She was born in Hartford on March 21, 1939, a daughter of the late Martin and Katherine (McCinn) Garvey. Mary enjoyed gardening and feeding the birds. She had a love for cats, especially her cat, Sarah.
Mary was a loving mother to five children, Peter Kane and his wife Colleen, Kathy Stepanek and her husband Danny, Sharon Hakalia, Jo-anne Toscano and her husband David, and Christine Skellwies and her husband David. She is also survived by a brother, Lou Garvey and his wife Toni, as well as many grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
Other than her parents, Mary was predeceased by a brother Brandon Garvey and his wife Beverly, and her sister Claire Friedman and her husband Nate.
She will be dearly missed.
- Peter M. (Colleen) Kane, Son
- Christine (David) Skellwies, Daughter
- Kathy (Danny) Stepanek, Daughter
- Sharon Hakalia, Daughter
- Joanne (David) Toscano, Daughter
- Lou (Toni) Garvey, Brother
- Martin F. Garvey, Father (deceased)
- Katherine (McCinn) Garvey, Mother (deceased)
- Brandon (Beverly) Garvey, Brother (deceased)
- Claire (Nate) Friedman, Sister (deceased)
- Robert Hakalia, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Also survived by many Grandchildren and Great-grandchildren as well as Nieces and Nephews.
- Services Were Held Privately
Mary (Garvey) Kane
September 9, 2019
To all my cousins. I am so very sorry about the loss of your mom. Aunt Mary was always so sweet. She will be missed. Keeping you all in my prayers. Jeanne (Garvey) Musumeci and family
September 8, 2019
Mom, I miss you and love you always. You were always there for me in good times and bad. You are my mother but also my best friend. You were a wonderful mother to all of us and a wonderful grandma to your grandchildren. I appreciate all you have done for me. I will miss calling you . I will miss your help with teaching me how to cook and you giving me your recipes. I will remember you always until we meet again someday. You are now with your Sarah again. Rest In Peace Mom. Love, Kathy