Billy Joe Conner
July 28, 1928 – July 8, 2018
Billy Joe Conner, 89, passed away Sunday, July 8, 2018. Bill was born July 28, 1928 in Dewey, Oklahoma, to Harry Hamilton and Eva Sue (Laughlin) Conner. Bill moved to Glendale, Arizona where he attended Glendale High School, joining the Army Signal Corps at the age of 17. He proudly served in the military for 3 years, stationed in Puerto Rico. He married Mary Delight Pace January 11, 1950, in Maricopa, Arizona. They moved to Wichita, Kansas, in 1952 where Bill began his career with Southwestern Bell Telephone Company. Bill worked for the telephone company for 30 years retiring as a manager in 1987. Bill and Mary were avid genealogists, traveling all over the country searching the Conner family lineage. Bill was preceded in death by his infant son, Billy Joe, Jr; grandson, Billy Joe Conner; 3 brothers and 7 sisters. He is survived by his wife, of 68 years, Mary; daughter, Vicki Dwyer, of Glenwood Springs, CO; and two sons Gary (Delyn) and Donald (Avelina), both of Ft. Worth TX, 8 grandchildren, Jeffrey (Caryna) Conner, Jim (Meredith) Dwyer, Amy (John) Campbell, Jennifer (Chris) Ingstrum, Megan (Homer) Reyes, Kimberly (James) Coddington, Simon (Angela) Conner and Amber Conner; his loving great-grandchildren and sister, Bonnie Rae Muir. Viewing will be held from 5-7 p.m. Wed. July 11, and funeral service will be held Thursday, July 12 at 10:00 a.m. both at Resthaven Mortuary. Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Mary D. Conner, Wife of 68 Years
- Vicki Dwyer, Daughter
- Gary Conner, Son
- Delyn Conner, Daughter-in-Law
- Donald Conner, Son
- Avelina Conner, Daughter-In-Law
- Jeffery (Caryna) Conner, Grandson
- Jim (Meridith) Dwyer, Grandson
- Amy (John) Campbell, Granddaughter
- Jennifer (Chris) Ingstrum, Granddaughter
- Megan (Homer) Reyes, Granddaughter
- Kimberly (James) Coddington, Granddaughter
- Bonnie Rae Muir, Sister
- Bill was preceded in death by his parents, Harry Hamilton and Eva Sue (Laughlin) Conner; infant son, Billy Joe, Jr; grandson, Billy Joe Conner; 3 brothers and 7 sisters. He is also survived by his loving great-grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- Jim Dwyer
- Jeff Conner
- John Campbell
- Chris Ingstrum
- Homer Reyes
- James Coddington
- Alzheimer's Association
- Visitation Wednesday, July 11, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, July 12, 2018
Billy Joe Conner
July 13, 2018
Although I wasn't there the day my mother Bonnie Rae Conner -MUIR met my father Max Lee Muir, but I believe it was my uncle Billy Joe Conner who introduced them , when he and my dad both drove taxis, there in Glendale, Arizona. I just wanted to say thanks uncle Bill.
Jane and Brian Mee
July 13, 2018
Remembering Mr. Conner is like remembering my youth. What a happy, jolly man and great gardener. Our sincere sympathies and condolences to Mrs. Conner, Vicki, Jim, and Amy, our goddaughter. Much love to all from all the Mees ♡
July 11, 2018
Rest Billy, until you hear at dawn,
the low, clear reveille of God.
Thank you for your service to this nation.