Curtis Lynn Whitney
September 7, 1955 – June 29, 2020
Curtis Whitney, age 64, passed away June 29, 2020, born September 7, 1955 to Jack and Freida Whitney. Curtis served in the United States Navy and retired as a mechanic for Boeing after 26 years.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Kerri Whitney of the home; and brother, Joe Whitney.
Curtis is survived by his daughters, Cassondra (Stephen Tori) Sudderth of Ft. Worth, Texas and Karisa Whitney of Ft. Worth, Texas; siblings, Jimmy (Linda) Whitney of Clearwater, Kansas, Gary (Donna) Whitney of Clearwater, Kansas, Sherri (Chris) Middendorf of Mulvane, Kansas and Mick (Jack Wilson) Whitney of Wichita, Kansas; and grandchildren, Caden Sweatland, Ethan Sweatland and Nolan Sudderth.
Memorials can be made to, National Kidney Foundation, 6405 Metcalf Ave, Suite 204, Overland Park, Kansas 66202.
Funeral Service will be held 10AM, Thursday, July 2, 2020, at Resthaven Mortuary Chapel, 11800 W. Highway 54, Wichita, Kansas 67209.
- Cassondra (Stephen Tori) Sudderth, Daughter
- Karisa Whitney, Daughter
- Jimmy (Linda) Whitney, Brother
- Gary (Donna) Whitney, Brother
- Sherri (Chris) Middendorf, Sister
- Mick (Jack Wilson) Whitney, Brother
- Caden Sweatland, Grandchild
- Ethan Sweatland, Grandchild
- Nolan Sudderth, Grandchild
- Kerri Whitney, Wife (deceased)
- Jack Whitney, Father (deceased)
- Freida Whitney, Mother (deceased)
- Joe Whitney, Brother (deceased)
- Lance Whitney, Casket Bearer
- Jeremy Whitney, Casket Bearer
- Clint Whitney, Casket Bearer
- Shane Beavers, Casket Bearer
- Tori Sudderth, Casket Bearer
- Caden Sweatland, Casket Bearer
- Jimmy Whitney, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Gary Whitney, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Sherri Middendorf, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Mick Whitney, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Ethan Sweatland, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Nolan Sudderth, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Justin Whitney, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Ben Fisher, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Joshua Decker, Honorary Casket Bearer
- National Kidney Foundation
Resthaven Mortuary Chapel
Curtis Lynn Whitney
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
July 1, 2020
Fair winds and following seas sailor.
"Boatswain... Standby to pipe the side... Shipmate's going Ashore..."
Thank you for your service to this nation.