Gerald Dean Hartung
July 27, 1931 – January 6, 2020
Gerald Dean Hartung, age 88, of Wichita, Kansas passed away on Monday January 6, 2020. Gerald was born July 27, 1931. He retired from Cessna as a Quality Control Inspector in 1994 after 39 years of service. Gerald also served in the United States Air Force during the Korean War.
Gerald is preceded in death by his parents, Harold and Meta Hartung; and brother, Ken Hartung.
Gerald is survived by his wife of 66 years, Helen Hartung; daughters, Debby Trujillo and Cyndy (Roger) Clark; son, Mike (Kelly) Hartung; brother, Dale (Jeanne) Hartung; sister-in-law, Lisa Hartung; grandchildren, Susan (Jeremy) Osborne, Erica (Dustyn) Morgan, Sarah Baxter, Jessica Ashlock, Stephanie Hartung, Eric (Tarah) Clark, Kelsey Fry and Taren Fry; and 16 great-grandchildren.
Memorial donations in Gerald's name can be made to Richard Gilbert American Legion Post 256.
A Funeral service will be held on Friday, January 10, 2020 at 3:00 pm, at Resthaven Mortuary.
- Helen Hartung, Wife
- Debby Trujillo, Daughter
- Cyndy (Roger) Clark, Daughter
- Mike (Kelly) Hartung, Son
- Dale (Jeanne) Hartung, Brother
- Lisa Hartung, Sister-in-law
- Susan (Jeremy) Osborne, Grandchild
- Erica (Dustyn) Morgan, Grandchild
- Sarah Baxter, Grandchild
- Jessica Ashlock, Grandchild
- Stephanie Hartung, Grandchild
- Eric (Tarah) Clark, Grandchild
- Kelsey Fry, Grandchild
- Taren Fry, Grandchild
- Harold Hartung, Father (deceased)
- Meta Hartung, Mother (deceased)
- Ken Hartung, Brother (deceased)
- Gerald also leaves behind 16 great-grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- Eric Clark, Casket Bearer
- Kody Marvin, Casket Bearer
- Jeremy Osborne, Casket Bearer
- Dustyn Morgan, Casket Bearer
- Mike Hartung, Casket Bearer
- Roger Clark, Casket Bearer
Richard Gilbert American Legion Post 256
4301 West Pawnee Street, Wichita, Kansas 67209
- Funeral Service Friday, January 10, 2020
Gerald Dean Hartung
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
January 10, 2020
Helen, Debbie ,Cindy, Mike.
Our Thought and Prayer go out to you and your family. Had a lot good Memories of your father. Love Maria Kailer (Martinez )
& Scott Kailer.
January 7, 2020
Rest Gerald, until you hear at dawn,
the low, clear reveille of God.
Thank you for your service to this nation.