Glenda Mae Rossiter
September 8, 1947 – February 27, 2018
Glenda Mae (Thompson) Rossiter was born on September 8th, 1947, to Glenn E and Clara M (Kent) Thompson in Sacramento, California. She departed this life on February 27th, 2018, at her home in Wichita, Kansas, surrounded by her loving family.
Glenda grew up, as she referred to herself, as a “Navy Brat” and lived in many places across the United States and Europe, wherever her dad was stationed. She graduated high school in Grantsville, Utah, in June 1965. Shortly after graduation, she moved to Sacramento, California, to live with her grandmother, Bonnie Kent. She started to attend church with her grandmother and made many friends with the young kids at church. She was baptized into the General Assembly and Church of the Firstborn on December 3rd, 1967, by Bro Wayne Brown Sr.
Soon after her baptism, she met the love of her life, Clifford Rossiter. They were united in marriage on July 5th, 1968, in Reno, Nevada. To this union, seven children were born – Angela, Valerie, Cynthia, Jennifer, Matthew, David, and Thomas. Their marriage would take them to live in Sacramento, California; Grand Junction, Colorado; Eugene, Oregon; and Wichita, Kansas.
Glenda spent her life in service for others. She lovingly raised her family, showing them daily to be good to others and to love the Lord. She loved to sew, making many of her children’s clothes and quilts for their beds. As time went by, she honed her quilt making skills, making many quilts for her kids and grandkids. Making baby quilts for new arrivals of family and friends was one of her favorite things. At one time, she estimated she had made more than 200 quilts.
As a servant for the Lord, Glenda embodied Proverbs 31. She lovingly provided beds for the travelers and served many others around her table. She provided food for the sick and would tenderly care for them when called upon. As a midwife, she labored to help bring life into the world and counted it joy as she watched “her kids” grow. She often marveled she had helped three generations in one family come into the world.
Glenda loved babies and children. After her children had left home, she worked with the State of Oregon foster care system. She ushered 35 foster care children through her home. In 2004, her mother in law came to live in the family home and Glenda provided her care until her mother-in-law’s death in 2013. In 2014, she and her husband relocated to Wichita, Kansas, to be closer to their family where she lived her last days sewing and making many more quilts.
She is proceeded in death by her parents, infant brother Steven Thompson, and son-in-law, Scott Allison. She is survived by her husband of the home, daughters Angela (Kirk) Stoddard of Wichita, Kansas; Valerie (Eric) Reed of Midwest City, Oklahoma; Cynthia (Scott) Mannis of Lexington, Oklahoma; Jennifer (Jon) Cotten of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Sons - Matthew (Raianne) Rossiter of Junction City, Oregon; David (Michelle) Rossiter of Firestone, Colorado; Thomas (Christina) Rossiter of Anderson, California. Grandchildren - Rachel (Eric) Nation; Hannah (Kyren) Fernandez; Brittney (Reece) Lay; Emaleigh and Kaitie Mannis; Caleb Cotten; Savannah, Gavin, Grace, and Garrett Rossiter; Alyssa, Leah, and Parker Rossiter; and Aurora Rossiter. Great-grandchildren: Aiden and Amiya Fernandez; Tucker Lay. She was anxiously awaiting a great-grandchild in March and a grandchild in July. Siblings – Darlene (John) Lambert of Lacey, Washington; Karen Clark of Tenino, Washington; and Marvin (Donna) Thompson of Visalia, California.
- Clifford Rossiter, Husband
- Angela Stoddard, Daughter
- Kirk Stoddard, Son-in-law
- Valerie Reed, Daughter
- Eric Reed, Son-in-law
- Cynthia Mannis, Daughter
- Scott Mannis, Son-in-law
- Jennifer Cotten, Daughter
- Jon Cotten, Son-in-law
- Matthew Rossiter, Son
- Raianne Rossiter, Daughter-in-law
- David Rossiter, Son
- MIchelle Rossiter, Daughter-in-law
- Thomas Rossiter, Son
- Christina Rossiter, Daughter-in-law
- Rachel (Eric) Nation, Grandchild
- Hannah (Kyren) Fernandez, Grandchild
- Brittney (Reece) Lay, Grandchild
- Emaleigh Mannis, Grandchild
- Kaitie Mannis, Grandchild
- Caleb Cotten, Grandchild
- Savannah Rossiter, Grandchild
- Gavin Rossiter, Grandchild
- Grace Rossiter, Grandchild
- Garrett Rossiter, Grandchild
- Alyssa Rossiter, Grandchild
- Leah Rossiter, Grandchild
- Parker Rossiter, Grandchild
- Aurora Rossiter, Grandchild
- Aiden Fernandez, Great Grandchild
- Amiya Fernandez, Great Grandchild
- Tucker Lay, Great Grandchild
- Darlene Lambert, Sister
- John Lambert, Brother-in-law
- Karen Clark, Sister
- Marvin Thompson, Brother
- Donna Thompson, Sister-in-law
- Clara M. Thompson, Mother
- Glenn E. Thompson, Father
- Steven Thompson, Brother
- Scott Allison, Son-in-law
- Mrs. Rossiter was anxiously awaiting a great-grandchild in March and a grandchild in July.
- Matthew Rossiter, Active Pallbearer
- David Rossiter, Active Pallbearer
- Thomas Rossiter, Active Pallbearer
- Kirk Stoddard, Active Pallbearer
- Jon Cotten, Active Pallbearer
- Scott Mannis, Active Pallbearer
- Eric Reed, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, March 2, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, March 3, 2018
- Committal Service Saturday, March 3, 2018
Glenda Mae Rossiter
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
March 1, 2018
I have many wonderful memories of spending rejoicing times with Sis Glenda & Bro Clifford. She will be greatly missed by who knew her. May all of your precious memories fill you with joy & comfort. My thoughts & prayers are with you.