Jack Milford Smith
February 19, 1935 – July 6, 2019
Jack Milford Smith, age 84, went home to be with the Lord July 6, 2019. Jack was a United States Marine who served in the Korean War and retired from the United States Post Office. He was an avid bowler and golfer. Jack was a loving husband, father, grandfather, and brother. He will be dearly missed. He is preceded in death by his mother, Mary Louise Ott; father, George Milford Smith; and infant daughter, Susan Smith. He is survived by his wife of 61 years, Carol J. Smith; son, Mike (Joyce) Smith; daughters, Pam Parker, Cindy Sallinger; brothers, Larry (Sharon) Smith, Terry (Bonnie) Smith, Monti (Shirley) Smith; sisters, Jan DeVaney, Vickie (Grover) Hershberger, Sheryl Krusemark; grandchildren, Zachary (Stacey) Smith, Bob McFadden, Jamie (Brandon) Winkler, Courtney Hoefer, Stephanie Ronsick, Brittany (Ryan Wiles) Ronsick; 7 great grandchildren. Jack's visitation will be held from 6-8 p.m. Wed. July 10, 2019, at Resthaven Mortuary, and his funeral service will be at 11:00 a.m. Thurs., July 11, 2019, at Asbury Church. Memorials may be made to Asbury Church, 2801 W. 15th St. N. Wichita, KS 67203.
- Carol J. Smith, Wife
- Mike (Joyce) Smith, Son
- Pam Parker, Daughter
- Cindy Sallinger, Daughter
- Larry (Sharon) Smith, Brother
- Terry (Bonnie) Smith, Brother
- Monti (Shirley) Smith, Brother
- Jan DeVaney, Sister
- Vickie (Grover) Hershberger, Sister
- Sheryl Krusemark, Sister
- Zachary (Stacey) Smith, Grandchild
- Bob McFadden, Grandchild
- Jamie (Brandon) Winkler, Grandchild
- Courtney Hoefer, Grandchild
- Stephanie Ronsick, Grandchild
- Brittany (Ryan Wiles) Ronsick, Grandchild
- Mary Louise Ott, Mother
- George Milford Smith, Father
- Susan Smith, Infant Daughter
- Jack also leaves behind seven great-grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- Michael Smith, Casket Bearer
- Larry Smith, Casket Bearer
- Terry Smith, Casket Bearer
- Zachary Smith, Casket Bearer
- Melvin Gregory, Casket Bearer
- Bobby McFadden, Casket Bearer
- Brandon Winkler, Casket Bearer
- Ryan Wiles, Casket Bearer
2801 West 15th Street North, Wichita, Kansas 67203
- Visitation Wednesday, July 10, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, July 11, 2019
Jack Milford Smith
July 7, 2019
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni.
Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever.
Thank you for your service to this nation.