James W Mathis
March 2, 1939 – August 4, 2019
James W Mathis, age 80, of Wichita, Kansas passed away on Sunday August 4, 2019. James was born March 2, 1939 to Lorene Westbrook and Worth Mathis.
James is survived by; sons Kevin (Kimberly) Mathis and Keith (Janet Alberecht) Mathis; and daughter Karen (Derrick Ellsworth) Mathis; sister Shirley Richie; grandchildren Danielle (Rick) Hutton, Cierra Grayson, Brandi Mathis, Jessica Mathis, Jared (Alize) Mathis, Jada Mathis, Kasey Mathis; great grandchildren Natayia Dean, Niazyia Dean, Ryan Watie, Wyvon Dean, Bryan Watie, Avionna Grayson, Jamauri Mathis and Jared Mathis.
James was preceded in death by his spouse Judith Mathis; father Worth Mathis and mother Lorene Westbrook; brother-in-law Coy Richie.
A visitation for James will be held Thursday, August 8, 2019 from 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM with family present from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM at DeVorss Flanagan-Hunt Mortuary, 201 South Hydraulic, Wichita, KS 67211. A graveside service will occur Friday, August 9, 2019 at 10:00 AM at Greenwood Cemetery, 6231 W 47th St S, Wichita, KS 67215.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.Devorssflanaganhunt.com for the Mathis family.
- Worth Mathis, Father (deceased)
- Lorene Mathis, Mother (deceased)
- Judith Mathis, Spouse (deceased)
- Shirley Richie, Sister
- Coy Richie, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Kevin (Kimberly) Mathis, Son
- Keith (Janet Alberecht) Mathis, Son
- Karen (Derrick Ellsworth) Mathis, Daughter
- Danielle (Rick) Hutton, Grandchild
- Cierra Grayson, Grandchild
- Brandi Mathis, Grandchild
- Jessica Mathis, Grandchild
- Jared (Alize) Mathis, Grandchild
- Jada Mathis, Grandchild
- Kasey Mathis, Grandchild
- Natayia Dean, Great Grandchild
- Niazyia Dean, Great Grandchild
- Ryan Watie, Great Grandchild
- Wyvon Dean, Great Grandchild
- Bryan Watie, Great Grandchild
- Avionna Grayson, Great Grandchild
- Jamauri Mathis, Great Grandchild
- Jared Mathis, Great Grandchild
- Visitation Thursday, August 8, 2019
- Graveside Service Friday, August 9, 2019
James W Mathis
August 9, 2019
my brother was the kindest person, lots of fun to be with, played a lot of tricks
on class mates, and me. lol loved to steal 1 of his friend (Bonita) ear rings.
sister Shirley Richey
August 7, 2019
I remember meeting James an Judy at Marvin's bingo on Hydraulic many years ago. He always spoke an smiled to me. He loved Bingo so much. Fly high with the eagles James.. You will be missed..