Peggy Ann Garringer
July 11, 1929 – May 13, 2019
Peggy Ann Garringer, age 89, of Wichita, Kansas passed away on Monday May 13, 2019. Peggy was born July 11, 1929 in Wichita, KS. She enjoyed scrapbooking and was an avid philatelist (stamp collector). Peggy also enjoyed researching genealogy and was a longtime member of Botanica, The Wichita Gardens. She loved being around people and spent a lot of time with her family and friends. Peggy was a longtime member and actively involved in her church, Olivet Baptist Church, since 1970. She really enjoyed traveling and was very proud of her Scotch heritage.
She is preceded in death by her parents, Walter and Annie Brown; husband, Jack Garringer; son Gregory Garringer; grandsons, Nathan and Stephen Garringer; and brother, Ronald Brown.
She is survived by son, Marc (Kim) Garringer; daughter-in-law, Beverly Garringer; grandchildren, Jessica (Devin) Fox and Amanda Garringer; and great grandchildren, Richard Fox, Adrianna Fox, Thirina Garringer, Arianna Ternes, Shelby Ternes, and Caiden Garringer.
A memorial service will be held on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 3:00pm at Resthaven Mortuary.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Peggy's name can be made to Olivet Baptist Church, 3440 W 13th St N, Wichita, KS 67203, or Botanica, The Wichita Gardens, 701 Amidon St, Wichita, KS 67203.
- Marc (Kim) Garringer, Son
- Beverly Garringer, Daughter-in-law
- Jessica (Devin) Fox, Grandchild
- Amanda Garringer, Grandchild
- Richard Fox, Great Grandchild
- Adrianna Fox, Great Grandchild
- Thirina Garringer, Great Grandchild
- Arianna Ternes, Great Grandchild
- Shelby Ternes, Great Grandchild
- Caiden Garringer, Great Grandchild
- Walter Brown, Father
- Annie Brown, Mother
- Jack Garringer, Husband
- Gregory Garringer, Son
- Nathan Garringer, Grandchild
- Stephen Garringer, Grandchild
- Ronald Brown, Brother
Olivet Baptist Church
3440 West 13th Street North, Wichita, Kansas 67203
Botanica, The Wichita Gardens
701 Amidon Street, Wichita, Kansas 67203
- Memorial Service Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Peggy Ann Garringer
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY