Robert "Bob" Lee Loyd
March 15, 1937 – October 6, 2019
Robert "Bob" Lee Loyd, age 82, passed away October 06, 2019, born March 15, 1937 to Paul and Alta (Maples) Loyd. Bob retired owner/operator at Atlas Spring & Axle after 60 years, and served in the United States Navy. He was preceded in death by both parents; wife, Alfreda Mae Loyd; and son, Robert Duane Loyd. Bob is survived by daughters, Joann (Gary) Kane, Barbara Spatig, and Terri (Rick) Kessler; sister, Mary Allee; 7 grandchildren, Christi Gordon, William Gordon, James Loyd, Michael Loyd, Russell Loyd, Wesley Floyd, and Ryan Floyd; and 8 great grandchildren. In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to, Harry Hynes Hospice. Visitation will be 6-8pm, Thursday, October 10, 2019, at Resthaven Mortuary. Funeral Service will be 2:00pm, Friday, October 11, 2019, at Pathway Church in Goddard. There will be a Celebration of Life service following graveside service at, Oasis Lounge, 4121 W. Maple, Wichita, KS.
- Joann (Gary) Kane, Daughter
- Barbara Spatig, Daughter
- Terri (Rick) Kessler, Daughter
- Mary Allee, Sister
- Christi Gordon, Grandchild
- William Gordon, Grandchild
- James Loyd, Grandchild
- Michael Loyd, Grandchild
- Russell Loyd, Grandchild
- Wesley Floyd, Grandchild
- Ryan Floyd, Grandchild
- Alfreda Mae Loyd, Wife (deceased)
- Paul Loyd, Father (deceased)
- Alta (Maples) Loyd, Mother (deceased)
- Robert Duane Loyd, Son (deceased)
- Bob also leaves behind eight great-grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- William Gordon, Casket Bearer
- James Loyd, Casket Bearer
- Michael Loyd, Casket Bearer
- Russell Loyd, Casket Bearer
- Wesley Floyd, Casket Bearer
- Ryan Floyd, Casket Bearer
- Rick Kessler, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Don Gordon, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Chuck Fritze, Honorary Casket Bearer
Harry Hynes Hospice
313 South Market Street, Wichita, Kansas 67202
- Visitation Thursday, October 10, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, October 11, 2019
Robert "Bob" Lee Loyd
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
October 9, 2019
Fair winds and following seas sailor.
"Boatswain... Standby to pipe the side... Shipmate's going Ashore..."
Thank you for your service to this nation.
October 8, 2019
I have known Bobby for over 35 years. He was a hard worker, and enjoyed coming to the Oasis Lounge for a beer after work. He was friends with my parents and my whole family, and we have shared many a story over a beer. Bobby seem to hit the Super Bowl pot every year, and occasionally we got him to play a game of pool. He was a good man! My condolences to the family. Rest in Peace Sir, Mom and Dad will be there to meet you!