Rosena JoAnn Heimerman
June 11, 1932 – April 2, 2019
Rosena JoAnn (Simon) Heimerman, 86, died April 2, 2019 at home.
She is the daughter of Robert and Ida (Seiler) Simon. She married Sylvester Anton Heimerman at St. James Catholic Church, Augusta, KS on Sept. 29, 1951. JoAnn was a homemaker and was employed in Wichita as a maid in College Hill, St. Francis Hospital, Johnson Sign Co., Western Controls, Cudahy and St. Joseph Church Rectory. As a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church for over 60 years she volunteered as a room mother, Girl Scout leader, Alter Society president, Parish Dinner, and Centennial Book. Her passion was nurturing her family especially the grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Preceded in death by husband, Sylvester; son, Charles; stillborn son; great grandsons, Roque Jr., Joseph and Roccy Mata; siblings, Cletus, Ethel, Leroy, Thelma, Eugene and Doris.
Survivors include children, Shirley (Michael) Riggle, Anton (Kathryn) Heimerman and Catherine (Robert) Conn, all of Wichita, Susan (Allen) Hemberger of Argonia; siblings, Dennis, Elmer, Kenneth, Earl, Betty, Mary; 23 grandchildren; 44 great grandchildren; 1 great-great granddaughter.
Visitation Friday 4 to 8 p.m. with family receiving friends from 6 to 8 p.m. at DeVorss Flanagan-Hunt Mortuary. Recitation of the Rosary Saturday 9:30 a.m. with Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 a.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Wichita, KS. Entombment to follow at Resurrection Mausoleum.
Memorials may be made to Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice or St. Joseph Parish.
- Robert Simon, Father
- Ida (Seiler) Simon, Mother
- Sylvester Anton Heimerman, Husband
- Shirley (Michael) Riggle, Daughter
- Anton "Tony" (Kathryn) Heimerman, Son
- Catherine (Robert) Conn, Daughter
- Susan (Allen) Hemberger, Daughter
- Dennis Simon, Brother
- Elmer Simon, Brother
- Kenneth Simon, Brother
- Earl Simon, Brother
- Betty Carroll, Sister
- Mary Anderson, Sister
- Nora (Alex Rodriguez) Heimerman, Grandchild
- Rosa (Ngozi) Nyeusi, Grandchild
- Paul (Amber) Riggle, Grandchild
- Jonathan (Carmen) Riggle, Grandchild
- Brian (Cassie) Riggle, Grandchild
- Sarah (Jerrod) Roe, Grandchild
- Larissa (Robert) Mata, Grandchild
- Mary (Jonathan) Riggle, Grandchild
- Mark (BrookLynn) Riggle, Grandchild
- Jessica Hemberger, Grandchild
- Megan (Douglass II) Schuler, Grandchild
- Ethan Hemberger, Grandchild
- Aaron (Elizabeth) Hemberger, Grandchild
- Kayla (Jim) Sulanka, Grandchild
- Luke Hemberger, Grandchild
- Ruth Hemberger, Grandchild
- Rachel Heimerman, Grandchild
- Robin Heimerman, Grandchild
- Emily (Justin) Schuster, Grandchild
- Julie (Michael) Frost, Grandchild
- Benjiman (Nicole) Conn, Grandchild
- Adam (Sarah) Conn, Grandchild
- George Conn, Grandchild
- Charles Heimerman, deceased, Son
- . ., Stillborn Son
- Cletus, Ethel, Leroy, Thelma, Eguene, and Doris, deceased, Siblings
- Roque Mata, Jr. deceased, Great Grandson
- Joseph Mata, deceased, Great Grandson
- Roccy Mata, deceased, Great Grandson
- Paul Riggle
- Jonathan Riggle
- Brian Riggle
- Luke Hemberger
- Adam Conn
- Mark Riggle
- Ethan Hemberger
- Aaron Hemberger
- Benjiman Conn
- George Conn
Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice
313 S Market St., Wichita, Kansas 67202
St. Joseph Catholic Church
145 S. Millwood Ave., Wichita, Kansas 67213
- Visitation Friday, April 5, 2019
- Recitation of the Rosary Saturday, April 6, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Saturday, April 6, 2019
- Graveside Service Saturday, April 6, 2019
Rosena JoAnn Heimerman
April 3, 2019
JoAnn was a second Mom to me. Her faith was inspiring, and the way she lived was a lesson in how to love, how to care, and how to follow the Lord. She was a Mom/Grandma who truly enjoyed her family. She was devoted to her husband, and loved him unceasingly.
And when the going was tough, she kept going. For example, when her back was giving out on her, she just grit her teeth and kept going. No sacrifice was too great to make sure everyone in the family was cared for. Her kindness and consideration were evident throughout her life, as she made her life a gift to others in so many ways.
I will miss her twinkling eyes and her smile that radiated love. But her pain and her struggles are over now, and her faithfulness has made the Lord happy to welcome her into eternal life. I know she is with Him, and she remains in our hearts--a legacy of love and light.