Silas R. Ross
October 20, 1922 – August 4, 2018
Age 95, passed away August 4, 2018. Silas served as a 747 Aircraft Mechanic in the EAME Theater for the Army Air Corps during WWII and retired as a Boeing Machinist. He was preceded in death by his wife, Nora Faye Ross; son, Larry Junior Ross; parents, Robert Alberta Ross and Hazel Beatrice Sober; 4 brothers and 5 sisters. Silas is survived by his sons, Roy Dan (Gail) Ross and Ray Don (Donna) Ross; daughter-in-law, Cynthia Ross; grandchildren, Kristy, Nikki, Karyn, Bob and Rocky; and great grandchildren, Will, Kaci, Justin, Alex, Lilli, Julie, Raeden, Rory, Rowen and R.J. A visitation will be held at 9:00 AM on Wednesday, August 8, with funeral service to follow at 10:00 AM at Resthaven Mortuary.
- Roy Dan Ross, Son
- Gail Ross, Daughter-In-Law
- Ray Don Ross, Son
- Donna Ross, Daughter-In-Law
- Cynthia Ross, Daughter-In-Law
- Kristy, Nikki, Karyn, Bob & Rocky, Grandchildren
- Will, Kaci, Justin, Alex, Lilli, Julie, Raeden, Rory, Rowen & R.J., Great-Grandchildren
- Silas was preceded in death by his wife, Nora Faye Ross; son, Larry Junior Ross; parents, Robert Alberta Ross and Hazel Beatrice Sober; 4 brothers and 5 sisters.
- Visitation Wednesday, August 8, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Silas R. Ross
August 10, 2018
My grandpa was always a kind-hearted soul. I loved traveling all over Kansas in search of fossils with him and my grandma, Nora Faye, in the 4-H program. I feel so blessed to have him as a role model for me and my children.
August 7, 2018
Rest Silas, until you hear at dawn,
the low, clear reveille of God.
Thank you for your service to this nation.