Walter A. Ramsour
July 21, 1930 – November 4, 2019
Walter Albert Ramsour,Passed away from this world on November 4, 2019 and into Glory, he was born on July 21, 1930 to Freida and Homer Ramsour in Junction City, Kansas. Walter married Doris Louise Burt on December 13, 1952, they were married 66 years. He graduated from Kansas State University with a BS in Ag Engineering and was hired by Boeing a few years later. He retired from Boeing after 37 years. Walter was instrumental in starting Evangel Presbyterian Church PCA and he along with Doris cleaned the church for years and always had visitors over to their house for Sunday lunch. He had a green thumb when it came to trees and plants as he would always be starting new trees for people in the church. Walter spent 1953-54 in Korea as a First Lieutenant in the Signal Corps. He practiced the presence of God. He was preceded in death by brothers, Harold and John Ramsour along with his sister, Helen. Walter is survived by his wife, Doris Ramsour; son, David M. (Julie E.) Ramsour; grandchildren, Sarah (Brian) Ruble and Amy (Tim) Horn; and 4 great grandchildren. Visitation will be 5-7pm, Friday, November 8, 2019, at Resthaven Mortuary with Funeral service 10:00am, Saturday, November 9, 2019, at Evangel Presbyterian Church.
- Doris Ramsour, Wife
- David (Julie E.) M. Ramsour, Son
- Sarah (Brian) Ruble, Grandchild
- Amy (Tim) Horn, Grandchild
- Freida Ramsour, Father (deceased)
- Homer Ramsour, Mother (deceased)
- Harold Ramsour, Brother (deceased)
- John Ramsour, Brother (deceased)
- Helen Ramsour, Sister (deceased)
- Walter also leaves behind four great-grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- Mike Verga, Casket Bearer
- Dr. Mark Springer, Casket Bearer
- David Loose, Casket Bearer
- Darwin Weber, Casket Bearer
- Zack Flummerfelt, Casket Bearer
- Kent Walline, Casket Bearer
- Bruce Ramsour, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Tim Davenport, Honorary Casket Bearer
- Visitation Friday, November 8, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, November 9, 2019
Walter A. Ramsour
Linda and Tom Gamble
November 8, 2019
We are sorry to hear of your sudden passing. You have lived a good life and your family and friends will surely miss you.
November 6, 2019
Rest Walter, until you hear at dawn,
the low, clear reveille of God.
Thank you for your service to this nation.