Sophia H Espino
March 3, 1935 – September 28, 2019
Sophia Hernandez Espino, age 84, was called to the Lord on September 28, 2019. Sophia was a long time resident of Carson, CA and recent resident of Wilmington, CA. She worked at Avalon Jewelers in downtown Wilmington, CA in the early 1970’s until the early 80’s. She also worked many years as an Election Poll worker for the City of Carson. In addition, she was a loving housewife, grandmother and caretaker for many.
Survived by her primary caregiver and granddaughter, Monica (Cesar) Delgadillo; Children, Anthony (Arlene) Espino, Vivian Lorraine Espino, Steven Espino. Grandchildren; Gina (Arturo) Perez, Toni (Joshua) Luna, Eddie Martin III, Anthony Espino Jr., Gabriel (Priscilla) Martin, Veronica (Chris) Alwes, Starlene Espino and Stevie Espino; 18 great-grandchildren and many nephews, nieces, cousins and friends. Preceded in death by her husband Amado Espino.
Visitation for Sophia will be held Thurs, October 17, 2019 from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Funeraria Del Angel Wilmington, 1640 North Avalon Blvd, Wilmington, CA 90744. Christian Service will be held Fri, October 18, 2019 at Calvary Light Christian Center, 1101 Lakme Ave., Wilmington, CA 90744 at 10:00 a.m. with interment to follow at Green Hills Memorial Park, 27501 S. Western Ave., Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275. Sophia was loved by all and will be immensely missed. Forever our Queen… forever in our hearts.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.Funerariadelangelwilmington.com for the ESPINO family.
- Monica (Cesar) Delgadllo, Granddaughter
- Anthony (Arlene) Espino, Son
- Lorraine Espino, Daughter
- Steven Espino, Son
- Gina (Arturo) Perez, Granddaughter
- Toni (Joshua) Luna, Granddaughter
- Eddie Martin III, Grandson
- Anthony Espino Jr., Grandson
- Gabriel (Priscilla)) Martin, Grandson
- Veronica (Chris) Alwes, Granddaughter
- Starlene Espino, Granddaughter
- Stevie Espino, Granddaughter
- Amado Espino, Husband (deceased)
- She leaves her legacy on this earth through her Grandchildren and her 18 great- grandchildren and many nephews, nieces, cousins and friends.
- Visitation Thursday, October 17, 2019
- Vigil Service Thursday, October 17, 2019
- Celebration of Life Friday, October 18, 2019
- Graveside/Interment Friday, October 18, 2019
Sophia H Espino
October 11, 2019
Dear Anthony, Lorraine and Steve;
My heartfelt condolences to each of you. It's painful when you lose your parents, especially your "mother" ... she was the rock in your family! It's been many years since I've seen your sweet and loving "mom" ... she was a very kind, funny, and loving "Aunt" to one and all! I have some very fond memories of Aunt Sophie and Uncle Amado ... thank you for sharing your loving parents with me! God bless you all.
October 9, 2019
We go way back 43 years. Your smile, laughter and humor will be sorely missed. Your golden girls will miss you dearly. Rest in peace and fly with the angels. Give mydaddymy love, hug and a kiss. Never goodbye just Aloha. 💜