April 10, 1922 – June 12, 2019
After a full and happy life of 97 years, Mom passed away peacefully in her sleep on June 12, 2019.
She was predeceased by her loving husband Corrie; son-in-law Richard O’Donohue; sister Mavis Muir; brother Murray Muir and wife Betty; brothers-in-law Gordon Jones, Hugh Hamilton, John Lewis, Mel Hill, George Beaulac, Barney Owens and Horace Olfrey; sisters-in-law Maude Lewis, Estelle Beaulac, Adelaide Owens, Catherine Olfrey and Mildred Lewis, as well as a number of nieces and nephews.
Eileen is survived by her sister Jean Jones and sisters-in-law Grace Hamilton and Margaret Hill. Her surviving immediate family, who loved her dearly, includes her children, Margaret (Rick) Fair, Mavis O’Donohue, Neil (Diane) Hamilton and Lorna (Brian) Kussin; grandchildren, Deanna (Damien), Mark, Stephanie (Saddam), Adam (Kristin), Tyler (Jill), Lauren (Ryan), Kadin (Chantal), Laine (Stephen), Carly (Riley), Kyle (Brett), Jordan (Brittany), Sydney and Nicole (Rance); as well as her great grandchildren, Liam, Henrik, Angus, Cora, Mac, Olivia and Ariella.
Eileen was the oldest daughter of Bill and Olive Muir, and was born in 1922 on the farm in Margaret, Manitoba. Although times were tough in the 1930’s, there was much love and joy in the extended Muir family. In addition to being a stay at home mother for many years, Eileen was a teacher, starting her professional career in Roland, Manitoba and ending at Royal School in Charleswood, close to where she and Corrie raised and nurtured their family. Family was the most important part of Eileen’s life. She also loved church, the Rebecca Lodge and PEO, visiting with friends and family, baking, curling and bridge where her keen intellect and analytical mind thrived.
Eileen was a talented, kind and gentle person, simply the best mother, grandmother and great grandmother you could ever wish to have. She is and will be greatly missed.
Memorial Service will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, June 28, 2019 at Charleswood United Church, 4820 Roblin Blvd.
If friends so desire, donations may be made to a charity of your choice.
- Corrie Hamilton, Husband
- Richard O'Donohue, Son-in-Law
- Mavis Muir, Sister
- Murray Muir & wife Betty, Brother
- Gordon Jones, Hugh Hamilton, Mel Hill & John Lewis (Mildred), Brothers-in-Law
- Estelle Beaulac (George), Adelaide Owens (Barney) & Catherine Olfrey (Horace), Sisters-in-Law
- Jean Jones, Sister
- Grace Hamilton & Margaret Hill, Sisters-in-Law
- Margaret (Rick) Fair, Mavis O'Donohue, Neil (Diane) Hamilton & Lorna (Brian) Kussin, Children
- Deanna (Damien), Mark, Stephanie (Saddam), Adam (Kristin), Tyler (Jill), Lauren (Ryan), Kadin (Chantal), Laine (Stephen), Carly (Riley), Kyle (Brett), Jordan (Brittany), Sydney and Nicole (Rance), Grandchildren
- Liam, Henrik, Angus, Cora, Mac, Olivia and Ariella, Great Grandchildren
- Kyle Hamilton
- Jordan Kussin
- Kadin O' Donohue
- Tyler O' Donohue
- Mark Fair
- Adam Fair
- Memorial Service Friday, June 28, 2019
- Reception Friday, June 28, 2019
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
June 27, 2019
We were very sorry to hear of Eileen's passing. She was a very
valued member of The Women's Canadian Club of Winnipeg for many years.
June 21, 2019
Condolences to the family. I am thinking of you in this sad time.
Marie (Muir) Lancaster