Syble Juanita Hyland
June 26, 1922 – July 7, 2018
Syble Davis Hyland, passed away on July 7, 2018 at the age of 96.
Syble was born June 26, 1922 in Metter, Georgia and came to Florida at the age of 12 years old. She was married to her childhood sweetheart, Robert for 58 years. She is a member of the Metro West Nazarene Church. She is survived by two daughters: Anita Colvin, husband Ed and Linda Ferrell, husband Dennis. Four Grandchildren: Kimberlin Realmuto, husband Anthony. Melanie Griffis, husband David. Tammy McGowan, husband Jeff. Daniel Wirick, wife Cathrina. Six Great Grandchildren: Aaron, Brian, Denver, Kadelyn, Matthew and Savanna. One Brother: WD Davis, his wife Mary Beth and two nieces, Dori and Kathy.
Syble worked as a “food demonstrator” for 40 years. She was a Pink Lady at Orange Memorial Hospital for 10 years and a volunteer at the Veteran's clinic for 2 years. She was a "gallon club" blood bank donator. In the 1950's she worked for the Salvation Army and Civitan. In the summer she worked at the Keystone Heights Camp for Children and was in charge of the dining room. She was an active member of the Veteran's Council of Florida and was Vice Commander. She was on the USO Board in the 80's. Syble holds Life Membership at the Pine Castle Memorial Auxiliary 286 and is a Partner of the Eight & Forty holding many elected offices. As an Eight & Forty Member she was a champion of the care and concern for children with Cystic Fibrosis, a serious lung disease. Her strength and her concern for others guides us as she lives in our hearts forever. In Lieu of flowers the family asks that donations are made to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in her name.
- Anita Colvin (Ed), Daughter
- Linda Ferrell (Dennis), Daughter
- Kimberlin Realmuto (Anthony), Grandchild
- Melanie Griffis (David), Grandchild
- Tammy McGowan (Jeff), Grandchild
- Daniel Wirick (Cathrina), Grandchild
- ~ Aaron, Great Grandchild
- ~ Brian, Great Grandchild
- ~ Denver, Great Grandchild
- ~ Kadelyn, Great Grandchild
- ~ Matthew, Great Grandchild
- ~ Savanna, Great Grandchild
- WD Davis (Mary Beth), Brother
- ~ Dori, Niece
- ~ Kathy, Niece
- Graveside Service Saturday, July 14, 2018