Jerry Allen Burrows Sr.
January 23, 1944 – January 5, 2020
Jerry Allen Burrows Sr., age 75, of Fort Walton Beach, Florida, passed away on Sunday, January 5, 2020.
His family will receive friends on Sunday, January 12, 2020 from 12:00 pm until 2:00 pm at Cherokee Memorial Park 120 Memorial Drive Canton, Georgia 30114. Services will follow with Pastor Willie Pace of Hollywood Boulevard Baptist Church officiating. Military honors will be rendered following the services as Jerry is laid to rest.
Jerry was born to the late William Walker Burrows and late Roberta (Gibbons) Burrows on January 23, 1944 in Sumter, South Carolina. He loved to laugh, had a fiery disposition and enjoyed the great outdoors.
In 1961, Jerry enlisted into the US Army Corps to served his country in the 38th Infantry. He mastered the use of various weapons including the M-1 rifle, M-14 rifle and 81mm mortar. He was quickly promoted to Private First Class and was honorably discharged from Fort Benning.
Jerry met the love of his life, Ann Morgan, and soon after, the couple were married. Their family grew to include their 5 children: Lewanna, Scooter, Morgan, Vanessa and Annie. He was a devoted husband and a good father. Later, after the grandchildren and great-grandchildren were born, he became an amazing grandpa. Family meant everything to Jerry.
He was a jack of all trades and served his community in various roles. He ran a filling station, worked as a school bus driver and also as a security guard. His main occupation was through Ford Motor Company - he was a model employee and after 30 years of dedicated service, he retired in 1994. Jerry was involved in the Elks, Shriners and Masons. He had served as Past Worshipful Master and Past Exalted Ruler (aka Grand Pubar to his children) at the Riverdale Lodge #709. Jerry was also a beloved member of Hollywood Boulevard Baptist Church in Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
Jerry found joy in a hard day's work, driving his boat, fishing, golfing and, most of all, spending time with his family and friends.
Jerry Allen Burrows Sr. is preceded in death by his parents, William Walker Burrows and Travis Roberta (Gibbons) Burrows; brothers, Joe Burrows and Leo Burrows; and sisters, Theresa (Burrows) Ham and Marie (Burrows) Harless.
Jerry's memory will be cherished by his wife of 56 years, Patricia Ann (Morgan) Burrows of Fort Walton Beach, Florida; children, Lewanna (Burrows) Austin of Kentucky, Jerry "Scooter" Allen Burrows Jr. and his wife Marsha of Eatonton, Georgia, Morgan Burrows and his wife Michelle of Milner, Georgia, Vanessa (Burrows) Stephens and her husband Michael of McDonough, Georgia and Leandra "Annie" (Burrows) Harris and her husband Damon of Flovilla, Georgia; siblings, Roger Glen Burrows and his wife Pam, Robbie Burrows and his wife Debbie, Wallace Burrows, Larry Burrows and his wife Myra, Jackie Burrows, Betty Jean (Burrows) Flake and Eric Burrows and his wife Nancy all of South Carolina; 11 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and many loving nieces, nephews and other extended family members.
Your choice of flowers or donations in Jerry's memory may be made to Hollywood Boulevard Baptist Church (Summer Camp Fund).
- William Walker Burrows, Father (deceased)
- Travis Roberta (Gibbons) Burrows, Mother (deceased)
- Patricia Ann (Morgan) Burrows, Wife of 56 years
- Lewanna (Burrows) Austin, Daughter
- Jerry "Scooter" Allen Burrows Jr (Marsha Burrows), Son
- Morgan Burrows (Michelle Burrows), Son
- Vanessa (Burrows) Stephens (Michael Stephens), Daughter
- Leandra "Annie" (Burrows) Harris (Damon Harris), Daughter
- Roger Glen Burrows (Pam Burrows), Brother
- Robbie Burrows (Debbie Burrows), Brother
- Wallace Burrows, Brother
- Eric Burrows (Nancy Burrows), Brother
- Larry Burrows (Myra Burrows), Brother
- Jackie Burrows, Brother
- Betty Jean (Burrows) Flake, Sister
- Joe Burrows, Brother (deceased)
- Theresea (Burruows) Ham, Sister (deceased)
- Leo Burrows, Brother (deceased)
- Marie (Burrows) Harless, Sister (deceased)
- Jerry's memory will also be cherished by his 11 grandchildren, 12 great-grandchildren, and his Hollywood Boulevard Baptist Church family.
- Hollywood Boulevard Baptist Church
- Visitation Sunday, January 12, 2020
- Funeral Service Sunday, January 12, 2020
Jerry Allen Burrows Sr.
Jerry Burrows Jr
January 10, 2020
2 Timothy 4:6-8
6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me, on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.
Love you Daddy and I will see you again.
Jerry Burrows Jr.
January 9, 2020