1 June , 1946 – 25 April , 2019
Dick Stetler, age 72 passed away on Thursday April 25, 2019. Richard Arthur “Dick” Stetler was born June 1, 1946 in Placerville, CA to Maurice Charles Stetler and Beulah Irene Brown.
As a kid he had a paper route and worked at Combellack’s Department store in high school. After high school he joined the Navy and was honorably discharged. After the Navy, Dick took off on a Harley Davidson and was never to be seen again. Not really, but almost. He helped build the Eisenhower Tunnel in Colorado which opened in 1973. It's maximum elevation of 11,158 feet makes it one of the highest vehicular tunnels in the world. He also worked building in-ground swimming pools and for Gallo Winery for many years in Modesto, CA. Dick enjoyed fishing, football, Nascar and collecting Coca Cola, Harley, Bald Eagles, Budweiser, and die cast cars of any kind.
He had four children that were his greatest accomplishments. He loved his kids and gave a lot of love to his step-children, too. The last couple of years he looked forward to Sunday dinner with Mike and Lisa and family and enjoyed going to yard sales and the occasional trip to the casino.
Please share what you remember most about Dick or your favorite memory with him by clicking on the Add Memory tab.
- Richard Stetler, Son
- Kathy Stetler Petterson, Daughter
- David Stetler and wife Amber, Son
- Danny Stetler, Son
- Patrick Clark and wife Analise Langford, Step-son
- Michael Clark and wife Lisa, Step-son
- Bonnie Hamilton, Step-daughter
- Tyler Clark, Grandson
- Thomas Stetler and wife Samantha, Grandson
- Ashley Stetler, Granddaughter
- Lara Petterson and fiance Kodi Sears, Granddaughter
- Jayden and Laeth Petterson, Grandchildren
- William, Wyatt, Wessley, and Wrenn Stetler, Grandchildren
- Brezill Hamilton and Brittin Kassman, Grandchildren
- Shirley Heaton, Sister
- Raymond Williams and fiance Darlene Riggenbach, Brother
- Sara Keagle, Sister
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
21 May 2019
21 May 2019
I'm not sure where to start. I was Dick's first wife. I remember Dick's best friend Darrell Salvador giving the engagement ring to Dick. I was 16 and Dick was 18. We thought we were in love forever and married. We wanted a baby right away and along came Richard Eugene Stetler, his first child. My parents owned Placerville Pastry at the time and my father put Dick to work baking...not one of Dick's better achievements...lol. Our marriage didn't last but both of us loved our son and we had respect for each other. He was a wonderful man doing what he loved to do. We were always friends. He is missed. 😘💕
21 May 2019
9 May 2019