Brenda J. Worthington
16 January , 1944 – 9 September , 2019
Brenda J. Worthington, age 75, resident of Smith Station, Alabama, went to be with the Lord on Monday, September 9, 2019. Funeral services are scheduled at Lakewood Hall of Striffler-Hamby, Phenix City, Alabama on Friday, September 13, 2019, 11 a.m. (EST) with Reverend Wayne Veal officiating. Interment will follow the service at Garden Hill Cemetery, Opelika, Alabama. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Thursday, September 12, 2019 from 6-8 p.m. (EST).
Mrs. Worthington, daughter of the late John Elvan Shepherd, Sr. and Nellie Doris Allen Shepherd, was born January 16, 1944 in Columbus, Georgia. She was Pentecostal by faith and served the Phenix City area as a Barber for over 25 years. Mrs. Worthington enjoyed spending time listening to Gospel music and reading the Bible. The family remembers her as a lady, steadfast in her faith, and always served the Lord. Other than her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Jimmy S. Worthington; and a granddaughter, Whitney King.
Mrs. Worthington is survived by two daughters, Kim (Chris) Jones and Susan Ward; one son, Rodney Hicks; four grandchildren, Brandi King, Christopher Gorman, Eric King, and Harley Hicks; nine great-grandchildren; many other relatives and friends.
- John Elvan Shepherd, Sr., Father (deceased)
- Nellie Doris Allen Shepherd, Mother (deceased)
- Jimmy S. Worthington, Husband (deceased)
- Kim Jones (Chris), Daughter
- Susan Ward, Daughter
- Rodney Hicks, Son
- Brandi King, Grandchild
- Chirstopher Gorman, Grandchild
- Eric King, Grandchild
- Harley Hicks, Grandchild
- Whitney King, Grandchild (deceased)
- Mrs. Worthington also leaves behind nine great-grandchildren; many other relatives and friends to cherish her loving memory.
- Visitation Thursday, 12 September , 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, 13 September , 2019