Kenyon Viele Albrecht Jr.

25 septiembre , 19329 febrero , 2021

Kenyon was born on September 25th in Norristown, PA to Kenyon Albrecht, Sr. and Marion McGoldrick-Albrecht. His father was a Chemist and his mother a Registered Nurse. In the Albrecht Family, Kenyon was followed by his two younger sisters, Barbara and Marion. Early in life Kenyon Jr. developed Rheumatic Fever and in 1941 the family relocated to Corpus Christi, TX in search of a warmer climate where his health quickly improved. In 1944, the Albrecht family moved again to Dallas.

Soon after arriving in Dallas, Kenyon took on a paper route and he would deliver newspapers on his bicycle throughout his teen years. The Albrecht Family became very active at Oak Lawn Methodist church in Dallas and Kenyon also joined the Boy Scouts. He graduated from North Dallas High School in 1950. During his time at Oak Lawn Methodist Kenyon considered working with inmates in correction facilities; however, the pastor Fred Edgar encouraged him to become a minister. It was also there in 1951 that he met the love of his life - Bonnie Ruth Etier.

In 1950 Kenyon started attending Southern Methodist University with the goal of pursuing a career in ministry. He won many speech and debate awards and would eventually earn a Master of Divinity Degree. His studies took a bit longer than expected because he worked as a bank teller at First National Bank while in college and in 1953 he enlisted in the Army.

Knowing he would soon be deployed and not wanting someone else to have the chance to steal her away, in the Fall of 1954 Kenyon proposed to Bonnie on the steps of Oak Lawn Methodist Church. Shortly thereafter, the Army sent him to El Paso for training at Ft. Bliss. When Kenyon learned that he was to be sent Germany as an interpreter, he and Bonnie decided they wanted to get married before he left. Bonnie took the train to El Paso with her sister Marie, and on March 5, 1955 Kenyon and Bonnie were married at First Methodist Church in El Paso.

The Army sent Kenyon to Manheim, Germany where he delivered mail to the soldiers of his company while stationed there. When he was in Europe, he took every opportunity to travel and visited places like France, England, and Belgium. He was always very proud to wear his Army Uniform and he enjoyed the mutual respect and appreciation of the soldiers and people in other countries.

After completing his tour of duty in 1957, Kenyon flew to San Diego and took a train home to Bonnie in Dallas. They moved into their first apartment in Highland Park where he resumed his studies at SMU. He also continued his work at First National Bank. On October 24, 1957 Kenyon and Bonnie welcomed their first child Troy Michael into their lives.

While attending SMU in the Fall of 1963, Kenyon was assigned to a small parish in Josephine, just outside of Fort Worth. Their second child Charles Patrick was born there on March 3, 1964. Not long after Kenyon was reassigned to Roanoke, TX, where their daughter Kathryn Ann was born on June 24th, 1965. Kenyon graduated with his Master of Divinity on May 21, 1967.

With the competing demands of family and a small parish in rural Texas, Kenyon and Bonnie made the difficult decision to relocate back to Dallas. They also decided that Kenyon would leave full-time ministry. But anyone who knew Kenyon knows that it was only the “full-time” part he left. Kenyon would live the rest of his life trying to point people to Jesus Christ. In his next job as a baggage handler at Love Field Airport for Texas International Airlines, his family fondly remembers his co-workers referring to him as “Reverend” almost as often as Kenyon.

In 1974 Kenyon began working as a Customer Service Agent assisting customers who had lost or damaged bags. Dealing with upset customers was not a job many people would want, but Kenyon appreciated the opportunity to interact with people using grace and kindness.

As the family grew, Kenyon explored creative ways to spend time with his family while working the unpredictable hours of an airline operating 24/7. He enjoyed spending time with Troy in the Boy Scouts; he spent tireless hours with Charles creating just the right Science Fair project; and spent many of his days off going horseback-riding with Kathryn at a local stable where they both learned to ride and care for horses. He included other kids in the neighborhood on canoe trips, he invited them to the State Fair, and even took a group of them on a trip to the Kansas City Zoo when the airline started a new route from Dallas to Kansas City and sold first day tickets for 49 cents as a PR move.

Texas International Airlines continued to grow and would eventually buy and become Continental Airlines. Kenyon continued in his customer service roll and with some trepidation he and Bonnie relocated to Miami, FL in 1983. But a year later he and Bonnie heard Dallas calling them home and they moved back to Texas.

Kenyon took a job at Tucker Rocky Distributors as a salesman for their growing market in Mexico. Although he would often deny it, Kenyon had become close to fluent in speaking Spanish during his time with the airline in Dallas and Miami… all self-taught! In his new career he enjoyed the opportunity to work with colleagues in Mexico while building close relationships with those in his office. Kenyon worked at Tucker Rocky until he retired in 1997. After retiring, Kenyon worked for the Census Bureau… but just for fun. This gave him the opportunity interact with people with patience and kindness as he reminded them to complete their census forms.

Kenyon would regularly say he was busier than ever in retirement. He and Bonnie loved spending time together, with family, at church activities, going to the gym, or even taking dance lessons. They also enjoyed caring for their cats as well as any other visiting cat or critter.

Kenyon was a prodigious letter writer and he loved to write and receive letters and cards. During his time with the Army in Germany, Kenyon wrote Bonnie a letter every day! While Charles was in college, his friends often demanded he let them read his dad’s letters when they arrived. Kenyon often sent pictures and newspaper clippings that he thought would be interesting to his grandchildren, family, and friends.

Most of all, being with Kenyon’s family was his most treasured retirement pastime.

He enjoyed spending time with his family in person and on the phone. He never owned a computer or a smart phone, yet in a digital world he perfected the art of staying in close contact with the many people he loved and admired. He never ran out of words of encouragement and support for his children as he was very proud of them. He loved his three grandchildren and three great grandchildren, and he did his best to connect with them in their world. He would sit at the table learning about Pokémon, he would show up with Bonnie at school for an unexpected lunch date, and he would sit on the floor to read endless books about Disney Princesses. No matter what the subject was, he had the care and love to connect with young and old, creating unforgettable moments and precious memories.

Kenyon and Bonnie were inseparable and were married for over 65 years. That stands out in today’s world – the two of them were an amazing example. The last ten years Bonnie struggled through serious health issues which forced her to rely on a wheelchair and walker. Kenyon became her full-time caregiver, lovingly devoting his life to caring for her and their home. His commitment, devotion, and care for her will forever be a testament to who he was – a humble and dedicated servant of God.

Kenyon would want each of us to celebrate life, and what it means to live life as a child of God. He would want us to be kind and spread the love of Jesus with all we meet. If you received a note, letter, or card from Kenyon, you know what was printed by hand on the envelope… ** Jesus is the Light of the World! **

Kenyon was preceded in death by his father Kenyon, mother Marion, son Troy, sister Marion, and grandson Kolton.

Kenyon is survived by his wife Bonnie, his son Charles and daughter-in-law Susi, his daughter Kathryn and son-in-law Ronnie, and his sister Barbara. He is also survived by grandchildren Shannon, Noah, and Hannah and great grandsons Gavin, Grayson, and Jackson as well as other nieces, nephews, and extended family.

If you were inspired by Kenyon’s letters, affirmations, or his words of encouragement, we encourage you to write or call Bonnie occasionally to share the latest news and perhaps a personal story about Kenyon. Feel free to call Kathryn or Charles if you need Bonnie’s contact info, or you can message Charles on Facebook.

Kenyon will be missed terribly, but we move forward in a world that is a bit lighter and brighter because of Kenyon, a humble servant of God who shared the love of Jesus! We love, honor, and celebrate Kenyon Viele Albrecht, Jr., and anxiously look forward to our reunion.


No hay servicios públicos programados en este momento. Reciba una notificación cuando se actualicen los servicios.


Kenyon Viele Albrecht Jr.


Ronald Richardson

8 abril , 2021

Kenyon was indeed a very special person and friend. I had the honor to know him for over 41 years, starting with working
together in Dallas with Texas International Airlines, which
became Continental Airlines. Throughout the years we kept
in contact with each other through the phone, cards, & letters
(yes, letters still do exist). I will miss forever his welcoming
voice over the phone- "Well hello Ron, so good to hear from
you." But, also will cherish the many letters, cards, and other
items my wife, Diane, and I received over the past few years.
And, will look forward to seeing Kenyon again in Heaven, and
rejoice again together.

Mrs. J.D. Hrabal

7 abril , 2021

My husband Jim was best friends with Kenyon during their teenage years. They attended North Dallas High together. During Jim's illness in 1997-8, Kenyon visited occasionally and Jim was so happy to visit and see him. It brought back old memories that they shared over the years. Jim considered Kenyon a really good friend.