Letha "Jane" Simon
March 22, 1930 – October 17, 2018
Letha Jane Simon was born March 22, 1930 in Des Moines, Iowa to Preston H. and Letha W. Spillers. Jane was educated at Iowa State Teachers College (now UNI) and Drake University. On June 17, 1951, she married James M. Simon of Rockwell, IA. Two daughters were born: Lori Jane and Jami Lea.
A visitation will be held on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. at Stevens Memorial Chapel (607 28th St., Ames, Iowa 50010). A funeral service will be held on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 10:30 a.m. at Ames First United Methodist Church (516 Kellogg Ave., Ames, Iowa 50010) Burial will take place in the West Linn Cemetery in Linden, Iowa on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 2:30 p.m.
Jane and Jim moved to Ames, IA in 1957. She was active in the First United Methodist Church and National T.T.T. Society. She was a lifetime member of N.E.A. and an active hospital volunteer for many years.
Jane taught school for 35 years, retiring from Northwood School in 1992. She loved to travel and had visited all 50 states. After retirement they went on cruises to Alaska and Panama Canal and also traveled twice to Europe.
Jane is survived by husband James of 67 years, daughter Lori Richardson (Wilson, NC), daughter Jami (NY, NY), grandson Ryan and wife Karen (Chapel Hill, NC), granddaughter Allison Richardson (Greenville, NC) and sister and brother-in-law Jean and C.R. Gibson (Linden, IA).
- Preston H Spillers, Father
- Letha W Spillers, Mother
- James M Simon, Husband
- Daughter Lori Richardson (Wilson, NC), daughter Jami (NY, NY), grandson Ryan and wife Karen (Chapel Hill, NC), granddaughter Allison Richardson (Greenville, NC) and sister and brother-in-law Jean and C.R. Gibson (Linden, IA).
- Dennis Gibson-Nephew, Pallbearer
- Doug Gibson-Nephew, Pallbearer
- Drew Gibson-Great Nephew, Pallbearer
- Hunter Gibson-Great Nephew, Pallbearer
- Zac McQuistan-Great Nephew, Pallbearer
- Ryan Richardson-Grandson, Pallbearer
- Visitation Tuesday, October 23, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- Burial Wednesday, October 24, 2018