Dora Puente Vega
November 17, 1946 – February 8, 2021
Dora Puente Vega
Dora Puente Vega was born in Bakersfield, CA on November 17, 1946 Passed on February 8, 2021 with her daughters by her side. She preceded in death by her loving husband Juan G Vega and her parents Juan and Frances Puente.
Dora is survived by her daughters Debra Ortiz ( Her favorite Son in law Ernest) and Elva Vega Grandchildren Averie, Emerie, Matthew and Caroline, Jacob & Emma
Brothers Juan, Rick, Mario, Rene Sisters Gloria, Maicha, Rachel, Jessie
Dora loved life and lived it to the fullest. She loved spending time with her daughters and grandchildren. She had a laugh that everyone recognized.
Every Thursday Dora would look forward to having lunch with her brothers and sisters. Where they would make fun of each other, laugh and steal each other’s food.
Dora loved all kinds of music, from oldies to Spanish music and even loved listening to rap with her grand daughters. Her favorite rap song was “Move B, get out the way” She loved watching old movies, those dumb sci-fi movies like Sharknado, which her grandkids would sit there and watch with her, of course judge Judy and most of all John Wayne movies. Dora could never resist the temptation of having her favorite ice cream Jamoca Almond Fudge from Baskin Robbins!
She will always be known by her cousins as “crazy cousin Dora” Dora was loved and adored by her family and friends but most of all her daughters. She will be deeply missed.
On behalf of her daughters Debbie and Elva, with their families, we would like thank you for all of the kind, comforting words, prayers and memories.
- Ernest Ortiz, Active Pallbearer
- Matthew Ortiz, Active Pallbearer
- Ish Bonilla, Active Pallbearer
- AJ Martinez, Active Pallbearer
- Franky Martinez, Active Pallbearer
- Jimmy Quintanilla, Active Pallbearer
- Rene Quintanilla, Active Pallbearer
- Ricky Puente, Active Pallbearer
- Jacob Mejia, Honorary Pallbearer
- John Puente, Honorary Pallbearer
- Rick Puente, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mario Puente, Honorary Pallbearer
- Rene Puente, Honorary Pallbearer
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Hillcrest Memorial Park and Mortuary
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Our Lady of Guadalupe Church