Betty K. Lopez
August 13, 1927 – September 5, 2018
Betty K. Lopez, 91, of Birmingham, AL passed away on September 5, 2018. She was born August 13, 1927 in Birmingham, Alabama to Annie (Kilgore) and Virgil Kitson.
Betty is survived by her son Robert Lopez Jr. (Gwen); her grandchildren Robert Lopez III (Tiffany), Christopher Mark Lopez (Lindsay), Nicholas Bradley Lopez (Jessica) and Allison Paige Lopez; and her great-grandchildren Katerina, Alex, Ayden, Samantha, Zachary, and Fynn.
She was preceded in death by her husband Robert Lopez Sr.; her daughter Donna Harmon; her parents; and her siblings Virgil Kitson (Cora) and Dottie Shirah (Clarence).
Betty was a homemaker and caregiver for her family for a majority of her life. She was a good wife to her husband of 56 years, Robert Sr., and in recent years she prayed to be reunited with him at last after his passing in 2002. Betty loved to shop and she enjoyed the beach. She lived a good life and will be missed by those who knew and loved her.
A graveside service for Betty will be held Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 2:30 PM at Elmwood Cemetery & Mausoleum, 600 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Birmingham, Alabama.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to the Greater Birmingham Humane Society.
- Virgil Kitson, Father
- Annie (Kilgore) Kitson, Mother
- Robert Lopez Sr., Husband
- Donna Harmon, Daughter
- Robert Lopez (Gwen) Jr., Son
- Virgil Kitson (Cora), Brother
- Dottie Shirah (Clarence), Sister
- Robert Lopez (Tiffany) III, Grandson
- Christopher Mark Lopez (Lindsay), Grandson
- Nicholas Bradley Lopez (Jessica), Grandson
- Allison Paige Lopez, Granddaughter
- Betty is also survived by her great-grandchildren - Katerina, Alex, Ayden, Samantha, Zachary, and Fynn.
- Graveside Service Sunday, September 9, 2018