Michael A. McCully
November 30, 1952 – April 16, 2021
Michael A. McCully, 68, of Sandyston Township died Friday, April 16, 2021, at Morristown Medical Center.
Michael was born in Elizabeth and was a longtime resident of Sussex County. He attended the County College of Morris where he studied to become a Registered Nurse. Michael worked as an RN for 25 years prior to retiring in 2019, most recently for Sunrise House in Lafayette.
Michael was an avid outdoorsman. He enjoyed bird watching & photography alongside his beloved wife; fishing on the Flatbrook, time at the beach and hikes with his late dog, Martha. He was a “Mr. Fix-It” who could do-it-all, usually with a book on tape in his ear and a mixed bag of Skittles, Junior Mints and Red Hots (much to his wife’s dismay). Michael most loved and was most loved by his family, who will miss him dearly. “Come back when you can’t stay so long.”
Michael was predeceased by his parents, James and Jeanne McCully; the love of his life, Margaret “Peg” McCully; his sister, Patricia; his father-in-law, Peter G. Doorly; and his nephew, Christopher. He is survived by his children, Michael R. McCully, Matthew Minion, Sara Tyler and husband, Garrett, and Emily Ehret and husband, Brian; along with his grandchildren, Benjamin, Allison and Liam. He is also survived by his mother-in-law, Joan (Stines) Doorly; his siblings, James (Ketley), Maureen, and Timothy (Diane), Christopher (MaryAnn), Kathleen, Lisa (Erik), Susie (Jimmy); as well as many cousins, nieces and nephews.
Memorial Visitation will be held from 3 to 6 pm on Friday, April 23, 2021, at the Wood Funeral Home, 16 Main St, Branchville, NJ 07826.
In lieu of flowers and donations, we ask that you spend extra time with your loved ones, as tomorrow is never promised. Online condolences may be offered at www.woodfuneralhome.net.
- James & Jeanne McCully, Parents (deceased)
- Margaret "Peg" McCully, Love of his Life (deceased)
- Patricia, Sister (deceased)
- Peter G. Doorly, Father-in-law (deceased)
- Christopher, Nephew (deceased)
- Michael R. McCully, Son
- Matthew Minion, Son
- Sara Tyler (Garrett), Daughter
- Emily Ehret (Brian), Daughter
- Benjamin, Allison & Liam, Grandchildren
- Joan (Stines) Doorly, Mother-in-law
- Michael also leaves behind his siblings, James (Ketley), Maureen, and Timothy (Diane), Christopher (MaryAnn), Kathleen, Lisa (Erik), Susie (Jimmy); as well as many cousins, nieces and nephews.
Friday, April 23, 2021
Michael A. McCully
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
April 22, 2021
Just missin you!
April 20, 2021
RIP ... Michael