Denver "Dink" L. Waters Sr.
March 19, 1939 – November 5, 2019
Denver L. Waters, 80, of Brunswick died November 5, 2019.
A native of Waycross, he was the son of the late Ocen and Queen Waters. He is preceded in death by siblings Dubignon, Varee, Dewayne, Darrell and Delma.
Mr. Waters was retired from a railroad career that resulted in his living and working at various locations in Georgia and Florida. After retirement he worked remodeling and renovating homes, and in recent years built artistic birdhouses as a hobby.
An avid outdoorsman, Mr. Waters enjoyed hunting, fishing, camping and communing with nature. He loved to travel, and he and his wife visited all the continental states. He had a great love for helping others, for family and for all children and was well-known for portraying Santa Clause.
He is survived by his wife of 61 years, Joyce Baggs Waters, sons and daughters-in-law: Lamont and Cindy Waters, Kevin and Lucy Waters, Jeffrey and Phyllis Waters, all of Brunswick as well as sibling Vilma Hendrix. Eight grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews also survive.
Visitation will be held from 6:00 – 8:00 PM Thursday, November 7, 2019 at Edo Miller and Sons Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held at 11:00 AM Friday, November 8, 2019 at Edo Miller Funeral Home Chapel.
Arrangements are entrusted into the care of Edo Miller and Sons Funeral Home www.edomillerandsons.com
- Ocen Waters, Father (deceased)
- Queen Elizabeth Brannen Waters, Mother (deceased)
- Dubignon Waters, sibling (deceased)
- Varee Waters, sibling (deceased)
- Dewayne Waters, sibling (deceased)
- Darrell Waters, sibling (deceased)
- Delma Waters, sibling (deceased)
- Vilma Hendrix, sibling
- Joyce Baggs Waters, Wife
- Lamont (Cindy) Waters, Son
- Kevin (Lucy) Waters, Son
- Jeffrey (Phyliss) Waters, Son
- Eight grandchildren, numerous great grandchildren, nieces and nephews also survive.
- Jason Waters, Active Pallbearer
- Jeremy Waters, Active Pallbearer
- Stewart Waters, Active Pallbearer
- Russell Waters, Active Pallbearer
- Cameron Waters, Active Pallbearer
- Cole Waters, Active Pallbearer
- John Coker, Honorary Pallbearer
- Hugh Pollock, Honorary Pallbearer
- John Flantos, Honorary Pallbearer
- Frank Rodriguez, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, November 8, 2019
Denver "Dink" L. Waters Sr.
November 8, 2019
I send my love and condolences to you and your family in this time of loss. May God surround you with peace, comfort and love.
November 7, 2019
Denver was very special man who loved my family like his own. He will be missed.
Jim & Ann Johnson, James Allen, Hannah Lauren and Jake Lamar Johnson
November 6, 2019
I don't have one favorite memory or moment from knowing Denver (and Joyce), just an undying knowledge and remembrance of love, acceptance, & family from the first time I met them. My heart, while heavy for the families loss, knows beyond all doubt that the memories left behind for his friends and family will always be filled with laughter , smiles, and if tears, tears of joy about the man we all came to love. I will miss him and will always smile when I think of him. God bless the entire Waters and Baggs families, some of the best people on God's green earth.