Harry Leroy Herring
October 18, 1933 – November 24, 2019
Harry L. Herring, 86, went home to be with his Lord and Savior on November 24, 2019. He was born at home on Blythe Island in Brunswick on October 18, 1933 to the late Leroy B. Herring, Sr. and Mary Lee Herring.
Harry was the beloved husband of 61 years to Mary Ann ( Long), a devoted and loving father to daughter Deborah Herring, daughter Kathy Lipthratt and husband Russell, son Mitchell Herring and wife Marley and daughter Pamela Aultman. He adored and cherished his 5 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. He is also survived by two sisters, Alma Louise Morris and Elsie Herring Mobley and one brother, Leroy B. Herring, Jr. (Joan) and several nieces and nephews.
Harry joined the Naval Reserve in 1952 and served active duty in the United States Navy from 1953 until 1955. He remained in the Naval Reserve until he was honorably discharged from Naval service in 1960. After he was released from active duty, Harry worked at Hercules Powder Company for 40 years until he retired in 1995.
Harry loved his wife and children and enjoyed many trips to the Great Smoky Mountains with his family. He devoted himself to God as a teenager and never wavered in his faith. He has been a member of the First Wesleyan Church of Brunswick for 72 years and served his church faithfully. He loved singing and listening to gospel music.
A celebration of Harry’s life will be held at 1:00 pm on Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at the First Wesleyan Church of Brunswick. The family will receive friends prior to the service from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm. Interment will follow at Palmetto Cemetery.
Active pallbearers are Blake Aultman, David Mobley, Chad Mobley, Ted Day, Don Pittman and Kevin Soledad. Honorary pallbearers are David Brancel, Marshall Morris, JonPaul Herring, Randy Johnson, Dalton Polk, and former and current members of the Wesleyan Men’s Group.
“The earth shall soon dissolve like snow, the sun forbear to shine; but God, who call’d me here below, will be forever mine.” – John Newton
Edo Miller and Sons Funeral Home is entrusted with arrangements. www.edomillerandsons.com
- Leroy B. Herring, Sr., Father (deceased)
- Mary Lee Herring, Mother (deceased)
- Mary Ann (Long) Herring, Wife
- Deborah Herring, Daughter
- Kathy Lipthratt(Russell), Daughter
- Mitchell Herring(Marley), Son
- Pamela Aultman, Daughter
- Alma Louise Morris, Sister
- Elsie Herring Mobley, Sister
- Leroy B. Herring, Jr. (Joan), Brother
- Mr. Herring is also cherished by five grandchildren and five great grandchildren as well as several nieces and nephews.
- Blake Aultman, Active Pallbearer
- David Mobley, Active Pallbearer
- Chad Mobley, Active Pallbearer
- Ted Day, Active Pallbearer
- Don Pittman, Active Pallbearer
- Kevin Soledad, Active Pallbearer
- David Brancel, Honorary Pallbearer
- Marshall Morris, Honorary Pallbearer
- JonPaul Herring, Honorary Pallbearer
- Randy Johnson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dalton Polk, Honorary Pallbearer
- Wesleyn Men's Group former and current members, Honorary Pallbearers
- Visitation Wednesday, November 27, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, November 27, 2019
Harry Leroy Herring
Mary and Wiley Younce
November 26, 2019
Dear Elsie and family,
Our deepest sympathy. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Wiley and Mary Younce and family