Merle Pansy Lynn
October 13, 1931 – January 11, 2020
Merle “Pansy” Dorsey Lynn, 88, of Brunswick, Georgia passed away Saturday, January 11, 2020 at the Senior Care Center in Brunswick, Georgia. A native of Patterson, Georgia, Pansy had spent most of her life in Darien, Georgia. Born October 13, 1931, she was the daughter of the late Frank Dorsey and the late Gussie Manning Dorsey. Pansy was a member of Northside Baptist Church in Darien, Georgia. She sang in the church choir and was also a substitute Sunday school teacher at Northside Baptist. In her spare time, Pansy enjoyed singing and growing flowers.
In addition to her parents, Pansy was preceded in death by two brothers James Dorsey and her twin brother Buryl Dorsey, her three sisters Bertha “Buck” Tabbott, Ethel Ryals, and Ophelia Wiggins.
Pansy is survived by her daughter Joan Haynes of Jacksonville, FL; Two Grandsons Walter Haynes and wife Stephanie of Jacksonville Beach, FL, and Scott Haynes and BJ of Townsend, GA; Four Great Grandchildren Chris Hand, Samantha Finegan, Chaselyn Phillips, and Emmi Haynes; Four Great-Great Grandchildren; Several nieces and nephews and other family members. A gathering is to be held 6:00 PM-9:00 PM, Thursday, January 16, 2020 at Edo Miller and Sons Funeral Home 3321 Glynn Avenue in Brunswick, Georgia.
A Graveside Inurnment is to be held 11:00 AM, Friday, January 17, 2020 at Whispering Pines Cemetery, Darien, GA with Reverend Wesly Deverger officiating.
Arrangements are entrusted to Edo Miller and Sons Funeral Home and Oglethorpe Crematorium in Brunswick, Georgia. www.edomillerandsons.com
- Frank Dorsey, Father (deceased)
- Gussie Manning Dorsey, Mother (deceased)
- James Dorsey, Brother (deceased)
- Buryl Dorsey, Twin Brother (deceased)
- Bertha "Buck" Tabbott, Sister (deceased)
- Ethel Ryals, Sister (deceased)
- Ophelia Wiggins, Sister (deceased)
- Joan Haynes, Daughter
- Walter Haynes (Stephanie), Grandson
- Scott Haynes (BJ), Grandson
- Chris Hand, Great Grandchild
- Samantha Finegan, Great Grandchild
- Chaselyn Phillips, Great Grandchild
- Emmi Haynes, Great Grandchild
- 'Pansy" also leaves four Great Great Grandchildren, several nieces, nephews and other family members.
- Gathering Thursday, January 16, 2020
- Graveside Inurnment, Whispering Pines Cemetery, Darien, GA Friday, January 17, 2020
Merle Pansy Lynn
January 15, 2020
Such a sweet lady. Will always remember seeing her at church 5th Sunday sings. Prayers for her sweet daughter and friend of mine, Joan , and the rest of the family.
January 14, 2020
Dear Mary, Johnny and family,
Our deepest sympathy about your aunt. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Wiley and Mary Younce and family