William Hurst Mason Jr.
May 20, 1940 – May 13, 2018
William Hurst Mason, Jr., 77, of Brunswick, Ga., passed away Sunday May 13, 2018 at Southeast Georgia Health Systems. A graveside service is to be conducted 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at Evergreen Memorial Cemetery 110 Stu Daniel Dr.. in Brunswick. Burial will follow the service Mr. Mason has resided in Brunswick since 1970. He was born May 20, 1940 in Macon, Ga., to William Hurst Mason, Sr., and Florence Few Mason. He is a graduate of Glynn Academy. Mr. Mason first career was the United States Navy retired in 1976 after twenty years of service. After serving in the United States Navy he continued his career with Union Carbine as an instrument Tech. he had also worked for Magnolia Manor. Mr. Mason enjoyed fishing and sailing. He leaves many fond memories that will be cherished by all. Mr. Mason is preceded in death by his parents Mr. and Mrs. W. H. Mason, Sr., his wife Mary F. Mason, and two children Natalie Anne Mason and William Hurst Mason, III. Survivors include Mr. Mason’s daughter Belinda Mobley (James) of Brunswick: son Jimmy Mason of Brunswick; daughter Pam Meyers (Howard) of Bowie MD: sister Gay Wiggins of Brunswick; brother Richard Mason (Debbie) of Brunswick; several grandchildren, nieces, and nephews; and caregivers Mayelou Alexander and Miranda Holmes.
- Florence Few Mason, Mother
- William Hurst Mson Jr., Father
- Mary F. Mason, Wife
- Belinda Mobley (James), Daughter
- Jimmy Mason, Son
- Pam Meyers (Howard), Daughter
- Natalie Anne Mason, Daughter
- William Hurst Mason III, Son
- Gay Wiggins, Sister
- Richard Mason (Debbie), Brother
- Several grandchildren , nieces, and neohews, other
- Mayelou Alexander and Miranda Holmes, Caregivers
- Graveside Service Wednesday, May 16, 2018