Scott Kenneth McGillivray
July 16, 1961 – October 27, 2018
Scott McGillivray passed away at home in Calgary, Alberta on Saturday, October 27, 2018 at the age of 57 years, after a heroic battle with cancer.
Here are a few reasons he rocked our world:
1. Real men love fashion. Scott personified GQ, flashing bright colours and trendy outfits like a boss.
2. Scott was a major sports fanatic. He rooted for the Toronto Blue Jays, Denver Broncos, Calgary Flames, and Formula 1 racing.
3. Scott was an avid reader, and a firm believer in lifelong learning. He believed “you can never learn too much.”
4. You had to warn Scott he was on speaker phone. He was known for his extensive curse vocabulary. #nofilter
5. He loved to putter, and was an excellent handyman and household MacGyver.
6. Scott always said his greatest achievement was his beautiful daughter Abby. Always the handyman, when it came to fatherhood, he nailed it.
7. Lori’s biggest competition occurred the moment Scott laid eyes on a sleek, sexy BMW motorcycle. It was love at first sight.
8. Scott was passionate about cars, and kept his vehicles immaculate. If you were lucky enough to have him as a passenger in your car, he’d provide free (non-stop) driver's ed coaching.
9. Scott was born Saskatoon, SK but always called Swift Current home.
10. He started his career in the power line industry before moving to a role in sales and service, a career in which he excelled. Scott had incredible work ethic, and to him, acts of service were a symbol of respect.
Scott is survived by his loving wife Lori, and daughter Abbygale; his siblings Miles (Deb) McGillivray, Edmonton, AB, Brent McGillivray, Lethbridge, AB, twin sister Bonnie McGillivray (Grant Skomorowski), Saskatoon, SK, Shelley (Bruce) Holmes, Regina, SK; sisters-in-laws Marlene McGillivray, Regina Beach, SK, Donna McGillivray, Surrey, BC; Aunt Marcia (Randy) Bell, Regina Beach, SK; mother-in-law Shiela Pilgrim, Calgary, AB; sister-in law Val (Ken) MacLean, Calgary, AB; along with numerous nieces, nephews and cousins. He was predeceased by his father Malcolm in 1983; mother Hannah (née Jackson) in 2000; and by his brothers Malcolm in 1952, Murray in 1980 and Cameron in 2017.
- Celebration of Life Saturday, November 17, 2018
Scott Kenneth McGillivray
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
January 17, 2019
Scott, we will miss you. RIP
Sharilee, Harold, Rachel Then
November 11, 2018
Please know our thoughts are with your family, Lori and Abby and all those who loved Scott and were there with him during his illness. Our deepest and sincere condolences. Scott was a devoted and proud father, husband and kind to anyone who had the pleasure of meeting him. We are so sorry to hear of his passing
November 9, 2018
Dear Lori and Abby,
I wanted to let you know that you are both in my thoughts. I have been thinking of you throughout Scott's illness and now that he has passed. I am so very sorry for everything that you are going through. My memory of Scott is how much he helped me when I was buying a new car!! He was so good about giving me his awesome advice and I'm not sure I let him know how very grateful I was for his input!! I also know how much Scott helped my Mom and Dad with installing their dining room light fixture and garage door opener (and who knows what else he helped them with!). He was so capable and so generous with helping us.
Again, I am so very sorry for everything you are going through and wanted to let you know I am (and have been!) thinking of you both.