Richard Hamilton Garrison
April 9, 1925 – June 10, 2019
Richard Hamilton Garrison, age 94, of Bonita, California passed away on Monday June 10, 2019. Richard was born April 9, 1925 in San Diego, CA to parents Clarence and Georgia Garrison.
Richard grew up in San Diego and graduated from San Diego High School. He had a career in Finance working in federal civil service.
On July 25,1944 Richard married the love of his life, Carol Louise Grady. They were blessed with three children and fifty-eight years of marriage. Carol predeceased Richard in 2001.
When it came to leisure time, Richard had a passion for ocean cruising with Carol. They shared many memorable vacations traveling to various ports. At home Richard enjoyed creating and completing home improvement projects. Golfing was also on his list of favorites. His ready smile and loving presence will be greatly missed by family and friends alike.
Richard is survived by daughter Candice Randolph, son Doug Garrison and daughter Kimberly Kelley. His legacy of grandchildren include Brandon Randolph, Ian Garrison, Nathan Garrison and Nicholas Garrison, Dylan Garrison, Jared Kelley, Jordan Kelley, Aubrey Kelley and Ashton Kelley. Great grandchildren are Lola Kelley, Jonah Kelley, Michael Kelley, Scarlett Kelley, and twins Dexter and Theodore Tran. In addition, two great grandchildren who are due to arrive in the very near future. Richard is also survived by his brother Harold Garrison.
A celebration of life prayer service for Richard will be held Saturday, June 15, 2019 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM at Funeraria del Angel Chula Vista, 753 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91910.
In Lieu of flowers, please donate to your choice of Charity. Thanks You
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.humphreymortuary.com for the GARRISON family.
- Carol Louise Garrison, Wife
- Candice Randolph, Daughter
- Doug Garrison, Son
- Kimberly Kelley, Daughter
- Brandon Randolph, Grandson
- Ian Garrison, Grandson
- Nathan Garrison, Grandson
- Nicholas Garrison, Grandson
- Dylan Garrison, Grandson
- Jared Kelley, Grandson
- Jordan Kelley, Grandson
- Aubrey Kelley, Granddaughter
- Ashton Kelley, Grandson
- Lola Kelley, Great Grandchild
- Jonah Kelley, Great Grandchild
- Michael Kelley, Great Grandchild
- Scarlett Kelley, Great Grandchild
- Dexter Tran, Great Grandchild
- Theodore Tran, Great Grandchild
- Harold Garrison, Brother
- Richard also has two great grandchildren on the way!
- Celebration of Life/Prayer Service Saturday, June 15, 2019