Conley Clayton Ward
February 22, 1945 – June 1, 2019
Conley Clayton Ward, age 74, of Claremont, NC, went home to be with his Heavenly Father, Saturday, June 1, 2019 at Catawba Valley Medical Center. Born February 22, 1945 in Watauga County, NC, he was the son of the late William M. Ward and Georgia Gwyn Ward. Daughters, Shelia Ward and Debbie Robbins, also preceded him in death.
Conley was a loving husband, father and grandfather. He retired as maintenance supervisor from Royale Comfort Seating.
Survivors include his wife of 16 years, Coleen Ward; sons Chris (Susie) Ward; Brian Gwyn, Tony Sigmon, Gary (Heather) Sigmon; daughters Teresa (Larry) Hughes, Kim (Brad) Fulbright, Jessica (Brandon) Whitesides; brothers, Ray (Iris) Ward, John Ward; sister Mary (Richard) Moody; 11 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren.
The Funeral service will be held at 2:00pm Wednesday, June 5, 2019, at the Drum Funeral Home Chapel, in Conover, NC with Pastor Tony Martin officiating. Burial will follow at Catawba Memorial Park, in Hickory NC.
The family will receive friends prior to the service from 1:00 -1:45pm at the funeral home.
Condolences may be sent to the Ward family at www.drumfh-conover.com.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be mailed to: Jimmy Swaggart Ministries, PO Box 262550, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 70826-2550
The Ward family has entrusted funeral arrangements to Drum Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Conover, NC.
- William M. Ward, Father (deceased)
- Georgia Gwyn Ward, Mother (deceased)
- Coleen Elmore Ward, Wife
- Chris Ward and wife, Susie, Son
- Brian Gwyn, Son
- Tony Sigmon, Son
- Gary Sigmon and wife, Heather, Son
- Teresa Hughes and husband, Larry, Daughter
- Kim Fulbright and husband, Brad, Daughter
- Jessica Whitesides and husband, Brandon, Daughter
- Sheila Ward, Daughter (deceased)
- Debbie Robbins, Daughter (deceased)
- Ray Ward and wife, Iris, Brother
- John Ward, Brother
- Mary Moody and husband, Richard, Sister
- Mr. Ward is also survived by eleven grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
- Receiving of Friends Wednesday, June 5, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, June 5, 2019