Fred Daniel Throneburg
August 5, 1933 – July 14, 2018
Fred Daniel Throneburg , 84, of Newton, passed away Saturday, July 14, 2018, at Frye Regional Medical Center, Hickory.
Born August 5, 1933, in Catawba County, he was the son of the late Frederick McKinley Throneburg and Elsie Faye Starr Throneburg. In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by his wife, Carolyn Throneburg , brother Glenn B. Throneburg and sister Nan Moser.
Fred retired from the hosiery industry having worked at Fowler Hosiery and Moretz Hosiery. Mr Throneburg was dedicated to farming and being a cattleman. He shared his love of nature with family and friends. Left to cherish his memories are daughters Sharon C. Throneburg of the home, Rhonda Throneburg Martin and husband Tony of Claremont, grandchildren Brianna and Samuel Martin.
The funeral service will be held Wednesday, July 18 at 2:00 pm at Drum Funeral Home Chapel in Conover with Pastor Tony B. Martin officiating. Burial will follow at Conover City Cemetery. The family will receive friends Tuesday, July 17, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Drum Funeral Home Chapel in Conover. Additionally the family will have a gathering of friends from 1:15 to 1:45 pm prior to the funeral service on Wednesday.
- Frederick McKinley Throneburg, Father
- Elsie Faye Throneburg, Mother
- Carolyn Throneburg, Wife
- Glenn B. Throneburg, Brother
- Nan Moser, Sister
- Sharon C. Throneburg, Daughter
- Rhonda Throneburg Martin and husband, Tony, Sister
- Brianna Martin, Grandchild
- Samuel Martin, Grandchild
- Receiving Tuesday, July 17, 2018
- Receiving Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, July 18, 2018