Doris Vivian Williams
August 12, 1922 – November 29, 2019
Doris Vivian Williams, 97, wife of the late Jack Williams, passed away peacefully at Conroe Health Care Center on Friday, November 29, 2019.
Born on August 12, 1922, in Sarartoga, Texas, Vivian was the daughter of the late Alva Allen Hollister and Annie Lee Sanders Hollister.
During Vivian's last several years on earth, she battled a broken mind and body. Her family now rejoices, knowing that in her Heavenly Home she is completely healed, and reunited with Jack, whom she has not seen in 39 years.
Vivian is fondly remembered as having loved spending time with her family, reading, cooking, painting, crocheting and gardening. Vivian was a member of Mims Baptist Church, in Conroe, Texas.
In addition to her late husband of 38 years and her parents, Mrs. Williams was preceded in death by brothers Raymond, Donald, Claude, and sisters Vera, Joyce, Velma and Lilly.
Mrs. Williams is survived by her son: Wayne Williams and wife Barbara of Walhalla, SC; daughter: Sandra Williams of Conroe, Texas ; brothers: Bobby and Johnny sisters: Ruth and Betty; granddaughters: Kelly Williams Addis, Becky Williams Mellen and Candace Hodges; seven great grandchildren and six great great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be conducted at 10:00 am Tuesday, December 3, 2019, at Cashners Funeral Home in Conroe, Texas. There will be a visitation from 9:00-10:00 am on Tuesday prior to the service.
- Wayne Williams and wife Barbara, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Sandra Williams, Daughter
- Bobby and Johnny, Brothers
- Ruth and Betty, Sisters
- Kelly Williams Addis, Grandchild
- Becky Williams Mellen, Grandchild
- Candace Hodges, Grandchild
- Alva and Annie Hollister, Parents (deceased)
- Mr. Williams, Husband of 38 years (deceased)
- Raymond, Donald and Claude, Brothers (deceased)
- Vera, Joyce, Velma and Lilly, Sisters (deceased)
- Seven great-grandchildren, six great great-grandchildren, numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and a host of friends.
- Visitation Tuesday, December 3, 2019
- Celebration of Life Tuesday, December 3, 2019